Internet's down

Permabanned
Rang provider and they are sending openreach on Tuesday.

Anything I can try?

No dial tone either.

Not checked to see if someone's ripped my telephone wire off yet. Will check when I go outside

Soldato
If it’s NDT and a fault before the master socket, you’re officially SoL. If you aren’t connected to the master socket, try that first.

Permabanned
OP
If it’s NDT and a fault before the master socket, you’re officially SoL. If you aren’t connected to the master socket, try that first.

No extensions online so guess I'm at master socket.

The telegraph pole is on the street and the cabinet is near by. But I wouldn't know what I'm doing

Soldato
I have a 4G dongle and an unused SIM (not registered), ready for the day that this happens.
My Broadband ISP (Vodafone Gigafast) provides customers with this service with 50GB/mo on it, and if your internet actually goes off they will add to it. Haven't had to use it yet but it's reassuring to know it's there.

Soldato
I have a 4G dongle and an unused SIM (not registered), ready for the day that this happens.

The problem with that approach having taken it previously is if the SIM won't register, the service provider I used stated it had an expiry date for registration. Just a thought to save you the annoyance I had.

Caporegime
There's a few routers that can tether to your phone over USB, I'd probably go with that over keeping a dongle and SIM around just in case my broadband went out.

Back
Top Bottom