Into the Night (Netflix series)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
This has been on my radar for a while since the trailer got released:

I am now on episode 4 and it's quite interesting. Kind of getting a LOST vibe to it The characters are diverse but stereotypical of modern society's stage. There are a few unexpected moments that make you feel bad for an otherwise liked character and it keeps up with the tense moments.

Only 6 episodes in season 1, so far so good...

Man of Honour
Watched episode 1 it was OK but dubbing was a bit iffy and I couldn't get into it with subtitles. Interested enough to continue with episode 2 when I get a chance though.

Man of Honour
Dubbing? :o All these foreign shows and films dubbed are mostly awful, subbed is how you really must watch it!

Couldn't get into it with subs and the dubbing was to obviously like someone reading off the script it was painful.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
That's a shame :( Native language really gives a true depth to getting you gripped. Even still, as long as you're enjoying it one way or another that's the main thing.

Soldato
Just watching episode 1 with the missus and this must be the most unintentionally hilarious series I've ever watched!

We were both in stitches when the major got locked in the toilet while the others were talking and you hear him shout "I'm not lying you *******" :D

I'm intrigued to see how they will span this out into 6 episodes!

Man of Honour
I just binge watched it all. But I'd say it was just 'OK' rather than anything special. There were far too many convenient dramas and inconsistencies.

For example how does someone shooting the back of a plane result in the side window getting bullet damage?

It was entertaining enough but that's about it. It was also quite a copy of Steven King's Langoliers in some parts.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
^ Probably a side swipe. The window merely skimmed but under the pressure of flight, even a crack is all that's needed to kick start a reaction of events as is the norm in real life too.

Soldato
We watched this last night as there wasn't much else on.

Not bad, watchable.

LOTS of plot holes and WTF moments. Such as they land the plane, and one of the next shots is the plane with the stair buggy thing at the door. How did it get there if they are all on the plane and no-one is on the ground to operate it?!
We also noticed the side window thing.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure at one point the plane had to reverse so they could get to the runway, again, how without a tug?!

Soldato
My wife and I quite enjoyed the series. We choose to ignore the obvious issues (like refueling planes seemingly in seconds, etc) and just enjoyed the tension and pace.

Caporegime
Bit of a bump. Enjoyed, but the last episode was a continuity disaster. How did Azaz go from crawling at deaths door to in a car and at the plane so quickly, and at the end they’re struggling over a fence with 3 minutes to go and then they’re a mile up the road at the bunker entrance. Decent show let down by lazy continuity like that.

Man of Honour
Never did finish episode 2 - couldn't really get into it via dubs or subs and far too many things that were just too convenient or inconsistent ruined it for me personally. Felt like a good idea lazily executed.

Soldato
Never did finish episode 2 - couldn't really get into it via dubs or subs and far too many things that were just too convenient or inconsistent ruined it for me personally. Felt like a good idea lazily executed.

Really enjoyed it, give it another go.

Any news on S2 yet?

Caporegime
Also, the actual flying the plane was a bit naff and totally unbelievable imo. Having to watch a YouTube video while coming into a night time visual approach in an A320 which you’ve never flown before really would only ever result in one outcome imo.

Back
Top Bottom