• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Introducing Radeon Adrenalin Rush 2019

Permabanned
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition

Performance
Adrenalin 2019 is not really a performance uplift driver. The only slide with meaningful performance figures compares the new driver to (now) ancient 17.12.1 driver. Most of the games in this comparison were not even out when 17.12.1 was available. A claim is made that average performance increased (up to) 15% for Radeon RX 570.

From my understanding, the new driver is focusing on features rather than performance. However, there are slides devoted to Chill or ResX improvements, which some of you may find interesting.

As for the rest, here are my notes from the whole press deck.

Radeon Advisors
  • Game Advisor – “provides game settings guidance for a personalized & improved experience”
    This tool works in conjunction with Radeon Overlay. What it does is rather simple: it suggests how to improve performance and frame rating by adjusting game settings.
  • Settings Advisor – this is designed for new users who never used Radeon Settings before. It recommends which features should be enabled (VSR, FreeSync etc.) based on measured performance.
  • Upgrade Advisor – system analyzer for “minimum and recommended game compatibility”
Wattman
  • Auto-GPU & Memory Overclocking
  • Auto-GPU undervolting
  • Temperature-dependent fan curves
  • Unlocked DPM states for RX Vega
  • Memory tuning
Display Technologies
  • FreeSync 2 HDR – improved auto-tone mapping for a more detailed experience
  • Virtual Super Resolution – support for 21:9 displays
Radeon Overlay
  • Display Settings – in-game controls: enhanced sync, FreeSync, per-game settings
  • Wattman – in-game adjustment for: gpu frequency, gpu voltage, gpu temperature, memory timing, memory frequency, load/save profiles
  • Refined performance metrics – framerate and frametimes – adjust colors, columns, position, size and transparency
AMD Link
  • QR Code linking
  • Voice Control – streaming, recording, screenshots, instant replay, min/avg/max fps, gpu temp, gpu clocks, mem clocks, fan speed
  • Wattman – same settings as in Radeon Overlay
  • Enhanced Performance Metrics — detailed analytics (basically turning a phone into a benchmarking tool).
  • ReLive – View, Edit, Stream recordings/screenshots from a mobile device
AMD ReLive

• In-Game Replay
  • Scene Editor
  • GIF Support
AMD ReLive streaming
  • Wireless streaming up to 4K60FPS to mobile devices
  • Free on Android and IOS
  • 70ms (AMD) vs 125ms (competitor) responsiveness
  • Works with AMD Link (through Game Explorer tab)
  • AMD ReLive for VR: support for HTC Vive Focus, Oculus GO, Samsung Gear VR, Google Daydream
    — features: 3rd party Bluetooth compatibility, up to 1440x1440p

AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1

Download the driver from here:
https://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 Highlights
Support For

Hitman™2Up to 3% faster performance in Hitman 2 with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 at 1920x1080. RS-230
    • Battlefield™ V Early Access
      • Up to 8% faster performance in Battlefield V with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 at 1920x1080. RS-231
      • Up to 9% faster performance in Battlefield V with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 at 1920x1080. RS-232
    • Fallout™ 76
    Fixed Issues
    • When using Radeon Overlay on system configurations with the latest Windows®10 October 2018 Update some users may experience intermittent instability or game crashes.
    • Assassin’s Creed™: Origins may experience an application crash while launching or playing the game in Windows®7.
    • Wolfenstein™ II: The New Colossus may experience corruption when viewing lava or water.
    • Strange Brigade™ may experience intermittent application crashes when using DirectX®12 API.
    Known Issues
    • Radeon Overlay may not appear when toggled on systems with multiple displays when Battlefield™ V is running.
    • Some systems running multiple displays may experience mouse lag when at least one display is enabled but powered off.
    • Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products may experience elevated memory clocks during system idle.
AMD Link FAQ:
https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-software-amdlink-faq

To report problems use the AMD Issue Reporting Form.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
AMD's Enhanced Sync Explained

Enhanced Sync: How to Enable

qkXLXa1.jpg

From great to greatness, get ready for the arrival of Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/amd-radeon-software-adrenaline-edition-3348088

AMD has revealed the next generation of its Radeon Software graphics card driver and utility tool package, dubbed the Adrenaline Edition.
This hyperbolic name is for software that’s effectively a refresh on the previous Crimson ReLive Edition software, which AMD claims had the highest user satisfaction ever.
And the Adrenaline Edition looks to continue on with that, bringing major driver updates to extract more performance from AMD graphics cards and aiming to offer enhancements for both games and the software’s utility features.

While AMD has announced the Adrenaline Edition, mainly via a flashy video typical of graphics cards and gaming hardware companies, it hasn’t gone into much detail on any of the special features the Adrenaline Edition will bring.

Nevertheless, it acts as a commitment by AMD to keep a keen focus on the software support it offeres with its GPUs.

AMD has previously been known to produce keenly priced and high-performance graphics cards, only to fall short when it comes to driver support and ensuring its GPUs play nicely with new and demanding game releases.

This has been in contrast to Nvidia which has always had pretty solid driver support for its graphics cards, only with the occasional compatibility foible to blot its copy book.

Nvidia’s software has also brought with it strong tools for automatically tuning games to support a PC or laptop’s specifications, providing an Nvidia GPU is on graphics duty.

With the Radeon Software Adrenaline Edition, AMD has the opportunity to slot such tools and extras into its utility box, as it seems to now be producing solid GPU drivers and has the scope to focus on bolstering other areas of its graphics card software when it launches next month.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12100/amd-unveils-radeon-software-adrenalin-edition-coming-soon
For AMD, 2017 has been rather eventful, not just for new hardware releases but also for the curious application of embargoes for product photos and unboxings. But leave it to AMD to pare this trickle marketing down even further. Today, AMD is revealing the name of their annual major driver update arriving in December: Radeon Software "Adrenalin" Edition.
So there you have it, the name for Radeon Software’s upcoming 2017 major driver update. And in fact, in all their etymological graciousness, AMD even disclosed that it was named after the Adrenalin Rose. What exactly is that flower anyway? Some kind of hybrid rose?

Botanical considerations aside, this is another entry in AMD’s now-annual cadence, joining 2014’s Catalyst Omega, 2015’s Radeon Software Crimson Edition, and 2016’s Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition. Even this summer featured a significant update in the form of Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition
https://twitter.com/Radeon/status/936233475442536454

Six things to love in Radeons Adrenalin Software

The Radeon Overlay

Wattman

https://gaming.radeon.com/en/radeonsoftware/adrenalin/wattman/

Radeon Chill

https://gaming.radeon.com/en/radeonsoftware/adrenalin/chill/

Last edited:
Associate
Nice flashy video but it tells us nothing... Hopefully they will provide more info soon! I really hope AMD can up their game and be as good or better than Nvidia, we need more competition in the market to push them both harder.

Permabanned
OP
I have to say AMD driver software has far surpassed Nvidia's offerings. That's my opinion owning both AMD and Nvidia cards.

Same here, This year I've gone through several cards including a 1060 & a 1080 and I found that I prefer the AMD software package.

Nice flashy video but it tells us nothing... Hopefully they will provide more info soon! I really hope AMD can up their game and be as good or better than Nvidia, we need more competition in the market to push them both harder.

The RTG software's been going from strength to strength over the last 2-3 years so more of the same sounds good, Vega got a very nice performance uplift with the 7.11.4 driver a couple of days ago so we may not see another performance improvement with the initial Adrenalin release but the fact that we can see the direction it's going is good news.

V F

V F

Soldato

That and I was also thinking is this rebranding to do with washing their hands of Raja? Interesting timing no?

Caporegime
Same here, This year I've gone through several cards including a 1060 & a 1080 and I found that I prefer the AMD software package.

The RTG software's been going from strength to strength over the last 2-3 years so more of the same sounds good, Vega got a very nice performance uplift with the 7.11.4 driver a couple of days ago so we may not see another performance improvement with the initial Adrenalin release but the fact that we can see the direction it's going is good news.

As far as i know, that performance boost is only for the Devil card, as it was getting incorrect clocks, power etc..., with previous drivers, as per these drivers Fixed Issues in the Release Notes, and Joker saying, that PowerColor told him to use these drivers because of it.

Fixed Issues:

Incorrect power and clock values may be reported on some Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.

Im happy to be corrected though, if someone with a ref Vega 64 is seeing these gains as well with these drivers :p

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
As far as i know, that performance boost is only for the Devil card, as it was getting incorrect clocks, power etc..., with previous drivers, as per these drivers Fixed Issues in the Release Notes, and Joker saying, that PowerColor told him to use these drivers because of it.

Im happy to be corrected though, if someone with a ref Vega 64 is seeing these gains as well with these drivers :p

That makes sense, I was watching the initial video wondering why it was looking so bad as in the weeks before the reference card seemed to be on par with the 1080 or a little better at my uw1440 resolution. I'm not sure if I'm gonna grab a Vega yet, I just grabbed a 480 on the MM so if it can run my resolution okay I'll wait on Sapphire as none of these AIB cards are gonna fit in my case without me modding it so I might as well wait and get the Nitro.

Back
Top Bottom