• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Introducing Radeon Adrenalin Rush 2019

V F

V F

Soldato
You missing the reason behind True Audio :D You dont need surround sound headphones to benefit from the effect. Its design is to bring a virtual surround to stereo headphones.

Funny thing is id Software wont give you good directional sound in Quake Champions because they feel it'll give those the competitive edge.

Soldato
Funny thing is id Software wont give you good directional sound in Quake Champions because they feel it'll give those the competitive edge.
I wonder if it'll get put into PUBG?
There's a plugin for the Unreal engine, but it might mean the developers doing some work.

If it does make it into PUBG while I'm still playing it, i might be tempted to swap out my 980 SLI for a Fury X (which is sitting in a cupboard).

V F

V F

Soldato
Which makes me wonder what the point of TrueAudio is if you can do positional audio without it and not tie it in to one vendors hardware?
It's not like PUBG is super advanced and pushes the boundaries of technology is it? If they can do it...

Same as anything really. Marketing. Everything has True in it these days.

I admit, I fell for this crap.

Soldato
Which makes me wonder what the point of TrueAudio is if you can do positional audio without it and not tie it in to one vendors hardware?
It's not like PUBG is super advanced and pushes the boundaries of technology is it? If they can do it...

Because we have lost great surround sound effects in games since support was dropped after Windows Vista. Tech like OpenAL offer far better surround sound to what games try to achieve today.

Here some demos Listen!

This a good showing of what we kinda have now versus what we should have

What AMD was trying to do with TrueAudio and still is is bring back true 3D audio into games. if you dont know what this means then I dont think you have truly experience what this can offer.

But I 100% agree that I wouldnt want this to be an only AMD hardware thing, for this to ever take off all hardware from both AMD and Nvidia would need to support it. And I really hope we do see something like the old school 3D audio again.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Last driver broke Freesync for me.
Suddenly my freesync monitor is no longer freesync supported lol >.<

I've rolled back to 18.2.3, I've been playing State of Decay over the last week trying to complete all the Steam Achievements and after installing 18.3.1 yesterday the games become unplayable, It keeps freezing for a second or more every minute or so which tends to become even more frequent when I'm surrounded by a pack of Zee's, I had two characters killed because of it.

Permabanned
OP
AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.3.2

Download the driver from here:
https://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.2 Highlights

Support for Final Fantasy® 12: The Zodiac Age
Resolved Issues

• Radeon FreeSync may rapidly change between min and max range when enabled causing stutter in fullscreen games on single display system configurations.
  • Sid Meier's Civilization® V may fail to launch on Hybrid Graphics system configurations when using DirectX®9 API.
  • Radeon FreeSync may exhibit a black screen on some games when using Samsung™ CF791 displays.
  • Radeon Chill game settings profiles may fail to enable on Vulkan™ API games.
  • Radeon Overlay may fail to open in some Vulkan™ API games.
  • Need for Speed™ Payback may exhibit corruption on some terrain.
  • Textures in Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 V Generation™ may appear corrupted or exhibit flickering colours.
Known Issues

• Radeon FreeSync may intermittently incorrectly engage during Chrome video playback resulting in playback flicker.
  • Radeon Overlay hotkey may fail to bring up the overlay or may cause a Radeon Host Application crash intermittently on a limited number of gaming titles.
  • Radeon FreeSync may rapidly change between min and max range when enabled causing stutter in fullscreen games on multi display system configurations.
  • Flickering may be observed on the performance metrics overlay when Enhanced Sync is enabled on some Radeon FreeSync connected displays.
  • A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU's for compute workloads.
  • Water textures may appear to be missing in World of Final Fantasy™.
  • The GPU Workload feature may cause a system hang when switching to Compute while AMD CrossFire is enabled. A workaround is to disable AMD CrossFire before switching the toggle to Compute workloads.

Permabanned
OP
AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.3.3 now on OP

Download the driver from here:
https://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.3 Highlights

• Resolved Issues
    • Radeon FreeSync may rapidly change between min and max range when enabled causing stutter in fullscreen games on single display system configurations.
    • Sid Meier's Civilization® V may fail to launch on Hybrid Graphics system configurations when using DirectX®9 API.
    • Radeon FreeSync may exhibit a black screen on some games when using Samsung™ CF791 displays.
    • Radeon Chill game settings profiles may fail to enable on Vulkan™ API games.
    • Radeon Overlay may fail to open in some Vulkan™ API games.
    • Need for Speed™ Payback may exhibit corruption on some terrain.
    • Textures in Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 V Generation™ may appear corrupted or exhibit flickering colours.
    Known Issues
    • Radeon FreeSync may intermittently incorrectly engage during Chrome video playback resulting in playback flicker.
    • Radeon Overlay hotkey may fail to bring up the overlay or may cause a Radeon Host Application crash intermittently on a limited number of gaming titles.
    • Radeon FreeSync may rapidly change between min and max range when enabled causing stutter in fullscreen games on multi display system configurations.
    • Flickering may be observed on the performance metrics overlay when Enhanced Sync is enabled on some Radeon FreeSync connected displays.
    • A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU's for compute workloads.
    • Water textures may appear to be missing in World of Final Fantasy™.
    • The GPU Workload feature may cause a system hang when switching to Compute while AMD CrossFire is enabled. A workaround is to disable AMD CrossFire before switching the toggle to Compute workloads.

Back
Top Bottom