Investing in shares for short term gains?

Associate
2 ways to make money from the markets:

pick an index tracker, put money in, come back in 10 years

have insider knowledge of a company or industry

Caporegime
Matched betting if you want short term gains. You can pull in hundreds - thousands when timed with big sporting events (e.g. horse racing festivals). Plus it's virtually risk free, the main risk been yourself in making a mistake.

Last edited:
Soldato
That would be even worse.

both equally bad, but if he really wants to feel like he is trading, football index will at least provide the pretense of that and would be a damn site more fun than watching a number next to BNZL, ULVR etc going u p or down.

Alternatively go down the grovenor with a wedge and chuck it all down on 0. Outcome is still the same regardless i.e gambling, so you might as well get your monies worth of fun out of it, which for as bad as it might be, football index still provides a small modicum of fun (if you are into football)

Soldato
Perhaps there's a clue on the website of the Bulgarian-owned Trading 212...

CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 80% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

Caporegime
I believe they also offer a share dealing service too, seemingly at quite low commissions. Though for some reason they appear to think I've got a Chinese IP address so the whole website is a bit of a mess for me.

Soldato
as ive said in the trading thread i put 1k into patagonia gold mainly because they were a penny at the time(consolidation happened so im in at 1 pound now) and i like the volatility of good penny shares plus political uncertainty favours gold , ,turned my nose up at 70 percent profit and up untill the last few days was 50 percent down ,now maybe 20 percent but wanting much more .
its nice to have a wild card investment ,think you need to be able to lose totally what you put in ,makes you braver (or maybe more stupid in my case)

Back
Top Bottom