Investing millions

Soldato
If you have that much you probably won't mind losing a few million on risky investments.

There was a program on last night about the worlds most expensive foods (and a guy that had 20,000 or so wines (none for drinking) - he went to a wine dealer in London and bought a case of wines where each bottle was £20,000 or so - then got them transported to some underground compound in London which had over 2 Billion pounds worth of wines in storage simply for Investments (including Alex Ferguson and numerous other celebs)

Associate
If you decided up front about how you were going to gift sums to friends/family, I wonder if the lottery would allow you to have their portions paid directly, avoiding inheritance tax? That's what I would want to do...

Soldato
I'd buy things that would only go up in value. e.g rare car(s) and not use them.

I'd also buy various houses and rent them out, under the control of a letting agent.

Paid all upfront so no mortgage. Lets say 10 houses bought at £200k each =2m total outlay. £5-600 a month rent (realistic for my area) = £5-£6k a month, minus what ever agent takes,

Lets say you *** up and in 10 years time rin out of money. Sell these said houses, even if they haven't gone up in value at all, they're still worth £2m

Soldato
Or buy the houses with a mortgage and let your interest pay the cover the mortgage payments, leaving your £30 Million untouched to constantly create you money + you have all the houses to sell on too.

Soldato
Find a city analyst you think you can trust and have him advice you and hence spread out about £15m over low and risk funds. Buy a few flats, do them up and sell them for profit. Give some to charities.

Soldato
Buy 39 million lottery tickets.

Honestly if just chuck it in the bank and live off the interest. Maybe buy a couple places. At that sort of money there's no real need to invest. Interest alone you're laughing.

Associate
The cap is what you can add each financial year. If you live forever you can have infinite money in an ISA, but it'll take a while for that to happen :p.

It's dropping to £75k, on the 1st Jan, because it's meant to be €100k and so it's not always going to be the same in £ (it doesn't fluctuate constantly, of course... but they're doing an adjustment now).

Heh, I originally put £75k, then changed it to £85k after a quick google... I guess I should have left it ;)

Soldato
Just baffles me how those who win the lottery run out of money...

Because they forget that it costs money to keep things and it costs money to employ people.

You have to pay all the upkeep costs on your house, plus insurance & rates, harbour fees on that boat, cover depreciation, etc etc. And you need to employ people who make you money or allow you to make money.

As for what I'd do with all that money? Wallow in it. :D

Back
Top Bottom