iOS to android

Associate
Hi, I am seriously thinking of changing to android, but my main concern is I use safari loads and love the swipe back to go back a page, is there anything the same on android? Also, which flagship phone would you call the best at the moment? It's to replace my iPhone 7

Soldato
Depends on your budget, the OnePlus 3T is pretty good though.

Some browsers, such as those based on CAF (Chromium optimised for Qualcomm SoCs) does have the swipe back/forward function, but Chrome doesn't have this.

YuBrowser seems to be the favourite CAF based browser: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mokee.yubrowser&hl=en_GB

There's Tuga as well but that's outside the Play store.

Soldato
The S8 and LG G6 are both out very soon - I'd hold onto your iPhone for another month and see if you like the look of them (if budget not an issue)

Soldato
Probably best to go into a store and see what feels best for you, it's all down to personal preferences.

Was using that browser for a bit and it feels much nicer to use compared to Chrome. Comes with an inbuilt adblocker and the swipe back/forward gesture which made browsing more comfortable.

Moved back to Chrome though since Google killed off support for 3rd party browsers accessing their sync API.

Soldato
Orcvader, why did you stop using that browser?
Moved back to Chrome though since Google killed off support for 3rd party browsers accessing their sync API.

No more bookmark/history sync with the desktop version of Chrome. It use to happily sync just fine but then Google clamped the API down to just Chrome.

As for transferring data, you can export your contacts from the iCloud site and transfer them to Google Contacts. Texts and call history may be possible depending on the phone, some manufacturers will provide an app to transfer iOS stuff over. Apps will be more tricky. Photos you can install Google Photos on iOS to auto back them up, and they'll be on your Android device with the same app. Music you'll be needing to copy the folder from iTunes, but there are some music apps that can work with it which can make it easier.

Suspended
I must say that you have taken the right decision. I have also switched to Android from iOS. There are many browsers available.

Back
Top Bottom