IP35 Pro Sound

Associate
Hi People,

Hoping someone may have an IP35 Pro MB and a Corsair HX520 PSU.
I am having difficulty getting my sound working in Vista 64bit.
All says its installed and I see the sound moving up and down on the speaker controls but dont hear anything on the headphones or speakers. I think i have missed a connection on the MB or something else stupid.
Anyone able to confirm what they connected up and suggest a possible fix?

Thank you!

Soldato
Well in the p182 case I had an hd audio lead which connected on the corresponding socket on mobo.

In your case if you don't have the 'hd audio' cable (it says on the case cable) do you have an 'ac 97' cable from case?

You need to plug the corresponding 'case sound' cable onto the corresponding 'mobo' connector - either 'hd audio' or 'ac 97' mobo socket.

If you don't have a big pin connector what sound connectors do you have running from the case?

Associate
OP
I have both the HD Audio Cable and ac97 cable but currently only have the HD Audio Cable connected. They are on the same lead so it looks like you have the choice of one or the other.

I have tried both with the same results of seeing audio moving up and down in Vista but nothing coming out of the speakers or headphones.

:(

Associate
OP
This is what the motherboard says:

Audio.jpg

The IP35 Pro has HD Audio so I am assuming I connect that up (which I have done). The pin allignment is spot on with one of the pins being blanked out in the factory.

Any ideas anyone?

*EDIT* I just found this also:

AC'97 codecs are not used in modern quality sound cards (instead, I2S-codecs are successfully used for consumer and professional audio equipment), and they completely shifted to the low-end sector, having degenerated into poor and buggy usually disabled "integrated AC'97-audio".

High Definition Audio (HD Audio) is a successor and evolutional sequel to the AC‘97 specification. New codecs are of the same form-factor and are compatible with HD Audio controllers bottom-up.

So I am happy I should be connecting the HD Audio connector.

Not sure what else to check :(????????

Last edited:
Associate
I have an Abit IP35 Pro motherboard and Vista x64 and don't have a problem with sound (other than a faulty TosLink cable which I've replaced). It's also setup to use HD Audio rather than Ac'97.

I can get sound from the SP/DIF and the analogue outputs. Have you tried the buzzing bee test in the control panel for the sound card. WHen I was using the analogue outputs, I did notice that the front left and front right were not producing sound during this test, but it was just a loose connector. reseated the jack and it worked fine.

If the sound source had been stereo, it would likely have produced no sound.

If there is anything you'd like me to check for you, let me know

Associate
OP
Thanks for coming back to me Mikeybhoy :)

I printed out the MB layout a little earlier and intend to check all connections again when I get home.

At the moment I am sure I have nothing connected in the following:

Audio to the Optical Drive - Happy where this is etc and not a problem to connect

I have nothing connected in the SPDIF01 connector? Dont see a cable for this but it sounds like you have it connected. What cable connects to this?

Dont think I have heard of the Buzzing Bee test??? Can you advise?

I have left connection settings in Windows and the audio controls as defaults, do I need to change anything from default, I assumed it would be setup basically to get you started?????

Thanks for your help

Associate
OP
OK, i have managed to get sound out of the front audio jacks on the case.
I dont hear audio from youtube or other online sites or sounds from the audio at the back of the case.
I only get succesful test from Realtek software on front audio jacks.
Anyone got any suggestions??????? :(

Soldato
I know it prob sounds obvious but have you clicked onto the realtek audio manager and fiddled about with the settings on there?

Worth a shot.

Also have you checked 'device manager' and checked to see if there's no problem with the drivers on the sound section?

Let's hope you get it sorted.

Associate
OP
Fixed this in the end.
I was under the impression that the green audio jack coming out of speakers which plugs into the PC was colour coded for a reason!.

I moved it around and fiddled with the audio manager and got it working. Although its in the wrong colour socket. Works fine though.

Thanks for input all.

Back
Top Bottom