Ipad 12.9" Gen 2 - any way to get a cabled connection to a PC faster than USB2.0

Soldato
Hi Guys,
I'm not a massive apple guy, so I'm a bit perplexed by this, but everything I'm reading right now says that whilst the Ipad Pro 12.9 SUPPORTS usb 3.0, even the USB-C to lightning cable currently released is limited to data transfer at USB 2.0 and is essentially only useful for fast charge. Things like the camera connection kit are faster, but there's nothing faster for standard connection and Itunes transfer from a PC?

Is this really correct? Or is there say a 3rd party cable available which allows proper USB3 sync and charge speeds? My wife has just got one so sooner I know the better :)

Soldato
OP
Without paying extra, that's no good for music or movie collections, well not without wasting a lot of time, included space is only 5GB.... You buy the larger Ipads (512 GB!) expecting to be able to use it properly, seems mad for the Ipad to be USB 3 capable and yet wired data transfer is limited to USB 2 speeds!

Besides, who wants to upload a large movie/music collection they may already have stored elsewhere, just to have a copy available on the cloud for syncing to the Ipad when it should be easy and faster to transfer directly.

One of the reasons I prefer Android, none of this rubbish!

Back
Top Bottom