1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPad Screen protectors - glass of plastic

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by Nikumba, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Nikumba

Mobster

We are getting some iPad Pro 10.5 in work, the 2017 version not the current one.

Looking at screen protectors from Hama as that is what we have access to, they do either a glass one or a normal protective film

Any pros and cons on them? How does it effect the pencil? I have always had glass ones on my iphone and on my switch.

Thakns

2. TheSkateyBird

Hitman

Glass will always feel closer to the actual screen, provide more protection but will add more thickness and cost. Shouldn't affect the pencil at all.
    If you use your Apple pencil for anything art related have a look at Paperlike screen protectors. I'd always opt for glass myself.

3. Nikumba

Mobster

Thanks for the reply, ended up ordering glass ones, as will be mostly note taking, diagrams that sort of thing.

Enjoying it so far, mildly annoyed you can not arrange the home screens via iTunes any more though

Kimbie

4. Minstadave

Capodecina

Glass for me, much easier to fit, better protection and feel, last longer without peeling at the edges.

5. TheSkateyBird

Hitman

Wow I completely forgot that you used to be able to do that! Remember doing that on the old iPod Touch.