Iphone 13 pro

Associate
Ordered one last night on 02 ,what version of iso will be on it . I'm moving from android . I believe since ISO 14 arrived the Iphones are easier to customise to ones own taste and more .

Sean

Associate
Ordered one last night on 02 ,what version of iso will be on it . I'm moving from android . I believe since ISO 14 arrived the Iphones are easier to customise to ones own taste and more .

Sean

15.03 i believe. They are definitely better but if your expecting android like customization you will be sadly dissapointed.

I am glad and happy with my iPhone 13 pro max 1tb. Coming from a Samsung galaxy s21 ultra 512.

Associate
OP
15.03 i believe. They are definitely better but if your expecting android like customization you will be sadly dissapointed.

I am glad and happy with my iPhone 13 pro max 1tb. Coming from a Samsung galaxy s21 ultra 512.

Not expecting android type customization ...just fancied a change

Caporegime
Not expecting android type customization ...just fancied a change

Let us know how it goes.

After discovering good deals on refurb and my Poco F3 ******* the bed with Android 12, considering (again) the switch. However, can you get ad-free YouTube on iOS without jailbreaking? YouTube Vanced is a biggy for me.

Associate
OP
let us know hot it is...am waiting for s22+ but plenty time until it gets dispatched .might cancel and try forsaken iOs LOL

Initial set-up is always a pain for me (I'm not the most patient or up to speed on modern tech ) . First impression ,the battery seems very very good ,it's still learning my charging habits . I don't see what all the noise is about 120hz I don't see much difference to my sammy S10 to be honest ,unless I'm missing something . It does everything I need ,I'll never use it to it's fullest potential . Just had latest updated to IOS 15.4 allowing face id whilst wearing a facemask ,who'd have thought :)

On a side note ,notifications don't seem to be set up correct ,again this could be my doing . Anyone else experiencing problems with notifications or have I set them up wrongly.....

Last edited:
Associate
Initial set-up is always a pain for me (I'm not the most patient or up to speed on modern tech ) . First impression ,the battery seems very very good ,it's still learning my charging habits . I don't see what all the noise is about 120hz I don't see much difference to my sammy S10 to be honest ,unless I'm missing something . It does everything I need ,I'll never use it to it's fullest potential . Just had latest updated to IOS 15.4 allowing face id whilst wearing a facemask ,who'd have thought :)

On a side note ,notifications don't seem to be set up correct ,again this could be my doing . Anyone else experiencing problems with notifications or have I set them up wrongly.....

How are you finding IOS now ?, The only notification problem i had moving to ios from a Samsung phone was Gmail. But from help from the forums here. i was told ios does not natively push Gmail emails to the notification center. once i realized this was installed the Gmail app was golden.

I find the way ios deals with notifications far better than android.

The most recent notification you receive is on the top of the list. in android its not they are mixed.
Just like an android. you can tap on the individual notification and reply within the notification( a lot of people think you cannot do this and always put that as a negative)
Grouping of notifications is just as good if not better than android.(again people think ios cannot do this)
Sticky notications.

All in all for me and my use the notification system of ios is better than android.

The only things i miss from android is the notifications on the Aod and notification light( both the one you can use the camera lense for and the ones from goodlock)

Soldato
How are you finding IOS now ?, The only notification problem i had moving to ios from a Samsung phone was Gmail. But from help from the forums here. i was told ios does not natively push Gmail emails to the notification center. once i realized this was installed the Gmail app was golden.

The most recent notification you receive is on the top of the list. in android its not they are mixed.
Just like an android. you can tap on the individual notification and reply within the notification( a lot of people think you cannot do this and always put that as a negative)
Grouping of notifications is just as good if not better than android.(again people think ios cannot do this)
Sticky notications.

All in all for me and my use the notification system of ios is better than android.

The only things i miss from android is the notifications on the Aod and notification light( both the one you can use the camera lense for and the ones from goodlock)

really? the notifications in iOS are awful. Worst thing about my day-to-day use of the 13 pro for sure. And the gestures, back gesture being random, one app it's valid other apps it isn't. It's clunky in a lot of ways.

Associate
really? the notifications in iOS are awful. Worst thing about my day-to-day use of the 13 pro for sure. And the gestures, back gesture being random, one app it's valid other apps it isn't. It's clunky in a lot of ways.

The gestures yes it is nowhere near as good as android.

What do you not like about ios notifications? .or why do you think the android notifications are better.

I am really curious about this.

Associate
OP

Sticky notications.

It's different put it like that. The volume of the notifications are absolute garbage ,incoming call volume isn't much better . The 120hz refresh is a gimmick ,I can honestly say I don't notice any difference from my Sammy s10 . I'm actually toying on returning the handset ,which is probably not possible now I used it for a couple of days . Can anyone shed any light on this for me ,am I still able to return the phone ?

Soldato
It's different put it like that. The volume of the notifications are absolute garbage ,incoming call volume isn't much better . The 120hz refresh is a gimmick ,I can honestly say I don't notice any difference from my Sammy s10 . I'm actually toying on returning the handset ,which is probably not possible now I used it for a couple of days . Can anyone shed any light on this for me ,am I still able to return the phone ?

You can turn notifications off in the notification option in settings.

you neee to give iOS a bit longer to get used too, I was very much like you but cannot go back to android anymore.

Associate
You can turn notifications off in the notification option in settings.

you neee to give iOS a bit longer to get used too, I was very much like you but cannot go back to android anymore.

This.

when you have been so used to using android then swap to something complerly different. you definatley need to give it time.

My wife, oldest son, and I all switched from android to IOS. There was a lot of omg Swearing huffing and puffing lol. But i have to say it is getting easier. yes, there are differences between android and ios. but then you cannot expect it to be the same. And like we did we went in knowing this.

Give it more time you will get used to it or find different ways of doing things you got used to doing before.

Soldato
The gestures yes it is nowhere near as good as android.

What do you not like about ios notifications? .or why do you think the android notifications are better.

I am really curious about this.

My main gripe is the way it manages them, the fact that I can’t just swipe them all away with a singe tap, the fact that grouping is very weird.. I’m getting used to it(been on iOS for 3 months now) but they’re still very clunky.

Other things that grind my gears.

alarm sound, why the heck can’t I change the volume!!

gestures - no consistency between apps

app stability - something I thought was not an issue but clearly is, random full freeze of apps, be it browsers, eBay, Facebook etc requiring swiping away and restarting

App Store - clunkiest design ever, like they forgot what UX is. It’s awful. Glad I don’t need it much.

Don’t get me wrong. It’s a great device but software is far from amazing and you’d think it would be the way the fanboys scream. Android is not perfect, Google is rubbish dealing with their software. I even moved from pixel 6 to iOS because of how frustrating the experience was. So I have literally no reason to fanboy over either OS.

Associate
My main gripe is the way it manages them, the fact that I can’t just swipe them all away with a singe tap, the fact that grouping is very weird.. I’m getting used to it(been on iOS for 3 months now) but they’re still very clunky.

Other things that grind my gears.

alarm sound, why the heck can’t I change the volume!!

gestures - no consistency between apps

app stability - something I thought was not an issue but clearly is, random full freeze of apps, be it browsers, eBay, Facebook etc requiring swiping away and restarting

App Store - clunkiest design ever, like they forgot what UX is. It’s awful. Glad I don’t need it much.

Don’t get me wrong. It’s a great device but software is far from amazing and you’d think it would be the way the fanboys scream. Android is not perfect, Google is rubbish dealing with their software. I even moved from pixel 6 to iOS because of how frustrating the experience was. So I have literally no reason to fanboy over either OS.

Press and hold the ‘X’ in the notification shade and you can clear them all. Something I have just discovered having moved over from Android a couple of weeks ago!

Back
Top Bottom