Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Thought I would annotate your list:

1) Much smaller notch, or no notch at all - not that bothered, pixel 4 looks pretty gash with the huge forehead. The extra bit of screen you get on an iPhone is great for time, signal and battery.
2) 120Hz display - could live with 90, i would only way it though if colour wasn’t sacrificed.
3) USB-C - yes please so I only need one cable!
4) 5G - would be nice but only if the modem doesn’t chug electrons like they do now.
5) 6/8gb of RAM - not going to say no but never noticed 4gb being a problem.
6) Base storage 128gb - yes please then I wouldn’t need to get 256!
7) Faster charging/Faster wireless charging - not really bothered, they charge pretty quickly already and have all day battery.
8) 1440p display - don’t care, impossible to see the difference on a 5.8” phone, it’s just willy waving at this point
9) Reverse wireless charging - really don’t care, internal batteries are tiny, no way I’m sharing with anyone. You are never more than a few meters from a plug these days. It’s a good demo to sell phones but I put this one in the gimmick box.

So for me:
USB-C
5G
128gb base storage
Normal spec bump (CPU/RAM)

Everything else is just ‘meh’

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Thought I would annotate your list:

1) Much smaller notch, or no notch at all - not that bothered, pixel 4 looks pretty gash with the huge forehead. The extra bit of screen you get on an iPhone is great for time, signal and battery.
2) 120Hz display - could live with 90, i would only way it though if colour wasn’t sacrificed.
3) USB-C - yes please so I only need one cable!
4) 5G - would be nice but only if the modem doesn’t chug electrons like they do now.
5) 6/8gb of RAM - not going to say no but never noticed 4gb being a problem.
6) Base storage 128gb - yes please then I wouldn’t need to get 256!
7) Faster charging/Faster wireless charging - not really bothered, they charge pretty quickly already and have all day battery.
8) 1440p display - don’t care, impossible to see the difference on a 5.8” phone, it’s just willy waving at this point
9) Reverse wireless charging - really don’t care, internal batteries are tiny, no way I’m sharing with anyone. You are never more than a few meters from a plug these days. It’s a good demo to sell phones but I put this one in the gimmick box.

So for me:
USB-C
5G
128gb base storage
Normal spec bump (CPU/RAM)

Everything else is just ‘meh’

Fair enough, each person has their own preferences and what they want/need more than other stuff. Though to counter some of your points that you've made:

1) Why would you still want a big notch like that? I want to fit more little icons at the top and with a notch that big you simply cant
2) I only said 120hz as its already in the ipads so I thought its probably easier to implement instead of going for a 90 which they haven't done before, but either way higher refresh is what I want, not overly fussed whether 90 or 120. Cant see colour getting sacrificed for this, if anything it'll only get better with each year.
4) Agree, still a lot of work needs to go into 5G so its not that high on my list.
5) 4gb only started being a problem this year I noticed as you cant keep many background apps open anymore compared with android flagships, 6 or 8 shouldnt be too hard to put in
7) Charges fairly quickly already, but its still behind on pretty much all the competition, im sure apple can improve on what we have currently
8) a more well known resolution than having the random one that is now
9) Idc much for this either but noticed other people always seem to have it on their list so thought id put it in, but its last for a reason. I would barely ever use it.

Soldato
Some good points back and I can see why they are useful for some people.

1) I'm not saying the notch shouldn't be smaller but its just not high on my priority list. What I was trying to say is that id prefer the notch to the huge forehead on the pixel 4. It could be narrower but it can't really be shallower due to the size of the camera.

2) The fast refresh rate phones on the market currently are either LCD or have inaccurate color reproduction (OnePlus, ROG), that's why I mentioned it. Apple will not sacrifice the color. The difference from 90 to 120 isn't much so if it was the choice between 90 and accurate color or 120 I would take 90 any day.

7) I can see why people want this, it will really help those who arn't organised. The battery life is so good now I can see it being less useful because there isn't a need to top up during the day for anyone but the biggest social media hogs. To be honest I just carried on using the 5W charger that was plugged into the wall when I swapped from my 6S. The 18W charger is still in the box. I can honestly say I have never been found wanting when it comes to charge even on an old 6S or 4, but then I am pretty organised (e.g. don't forget to charge) and I don't spend half my life glued to my social media platform of choice.

8) That's not really an argument

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Some good points back and I can see why they are useful for some people.

1) I'm not saying the notch shouldn't be smaller but its just not high on my priority list. What I was trying to say is that id prefer the notch to the huge forehead on the pixel 4. It could be narrower but it can't really be shallower due to the size of the camera.

2) The fast refresh rate phones on the market currently are either LCD or have inaccurate color reproduction (OnePlus, ROG), that's why I mentioned it. Apple will not sacrifice the color. The difference from 90 to 120 isn't much so if it was the choice between 90 and accurate color or 120 I would take 90 any day.

7) I can see why people want this, it will really help those who arn't organised. The battery life is so good now I can see it being less useful because there isn't a need to top up during the day for anyone but the biggest social media hogs. To be honest I just carried on using the 5W charger that was plugged into the wall when I swapped from my 6S. The 18W charger is still in the box. I can honestly say I have never been found wanting when it comes to charge even on an old 6S or 4, but then I am pretty organised (e.g. don't forget to charge) and I don't spend half my life glued to my social media platform of choice.

8) That's not really an argument

1) I have it quite high priority, the notch was always a stop gap, never the final solution. I do agree that its better than having the full forehead, but its still far too big for 2019. Narrower is a must, and im sure it can be made shallower as well, just by placing the camera's a little higher perhaps? Things can get moved around im sure

2) Yeah the issue seems to be moving the higher refresh onto a OLED display, but I do agree with you. Would take 90hz if the colours remained as good. Im good with either 90 or 120 i dont really care, as long as its not the same crappy 60

7) Yeah thats a fair point, but it's still more useful than having it charge a bit slower? Main problem is the wireless charging which seems to be far too slow if you ask me, im sure improvements can definitely be made there, but its not a priority, just be a nice addition.

8) I know, but you won't really lose too much from making the display a little sharper, 1440p is just a well known standard. Its pretty low on my priority list anyway

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Rumour mill is spicing up and things are seemingly looking really exciting! Can't wait to get something a bit more solid than just internet rumours though.

1 of the things im hearing is how they are making tyhe face ID sensor much smaller, small enough that it can fit in the top bezel. Could make that hideous not much smaller

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I'm more looking forward to the iphone SE2, or whatever they are going to call it, rumored to be released march 2020.

But its basically an iphone 8 with a 2019 spec bump? I mean is that really what people want

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I reckon it'll sell bucket loads.

I can see it selling for those people on older iphones who want something new without having to spend loads. People who also prefer to have the form factor of the 8 and the home button.

But I think more people would have been interested in the SE if it was the same form factor as the original SE, except with a bezeless display and face ID

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

If it's the rumoured £400 or so I'll be very tempted to transition to it from Android

Fair enough, I personally prefer the flagship phones if I was to get one but I can completely understand why many people will flock towards the new SE at that price point.

I still think more people would have preferred the size of the original SE though

Soldato
Fair enough, I personally prefer the flagship phones if I was to get one but I can completely understand why many people will flock towards the new SE at that price point.

I still think more people would have preferred the size of the original SE though

Yeah, a bezel-less original iPhone SE with Face ID etc would be stunning. If that was released at £400 I'd be amazed if many people went out and bought the flagships at all! It would absolutely tank the iPhone 11 - people wanting top end would buy the Pro, and everyone else would get the SE

Soldato
Yeah, a bezel-less original iPhone SE with Face ID etc would be stunning. If that was released at £400 I'd be amazed if many people went out and bought the flagships at all! It would absolutely tank the iPhone 11 - people wanting top end would buy the Pro, and everyone else would get the SE

I’m sure it will be made so that it doesn’t take sales from the higher models. However, a decently specced and modern looking iPhone at £400 will definitely be a worry for manufacturers of mid range Android handsets.

Associate
But its basically an iphone 8 with a 2019 spec bump? I mean is that really what people want

Well, personally, I want another iphone, which is the same size as the current SE, for me its perfectly sized, I really don't like big phones, but, if that's what is going to be on offer, then so be it, i'd rather pay £400 (if rumours are true) than £750+ for their later models.
I do want to keep the home button, and as mentioned above, a bezel-less screen would be nice, but having the latest high-tech phone doesn't bother me as much as it used to.
I use it for communication when I'm not home or research, so the big cameras, fast processor, big memory, flash screen doesn't bother me.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

It would, but Im not such a fan of the smaller phones! Personally I'd still go for the bigger model as it would have all the latest features

Soldato
If it's the rumoured £400 or so I'll be very tempted to transition to it from Android

It really would. If Apple made a £400 phone with a good camera, it really would be a massive seller. Considering they are moving more and more into the services model sector with Apple+ and music it's a good idea.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

It really would. If Apple made a £400 phone with a good camera, it really would be a massive seller. Considering they are moving more and more into the services model sector with Apple+ and music it's a good idea.

TV+ is terrible and spotify is better than apple music imo (though thats more down to preference)

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Yes, but getting people onto their hardware will drive sales of their services

Not for me personally, but I guess a lot of people will fall for that trap.

im just glad that Apple have started listening to the customers and actively trying to make improvements compared to the past couple of years

Back
Top Bottom