• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Android compares really well when you just consider the phone but once you start looking wider to other devices and accessories then Apple pulls well ahead.

An iPhone and iPad combination is just years ahead of what you can get elsewhere. Once you start adding thing in like the smart watch and laptops it’s a clear cut above the rest in the way it all works together. Unless you need windows of course....

I agree. As an Mac + iPhone user, I use the integration between the two daily. I love being able to make notes, reminders, calendar entries etc and they just appear on my iPhone whilst I'm out of the house.

Soldato
I agree. As an Mac + iPhone user, I use the integration between the two daily. I love being able to make notes, reminders, calendar entries etc and they just appear on my iPhone whilst I'm out of the house.

No different if you were an Android user on a Mac or PC, you can use Google Docs, Keep, Gmail, Calendar etc. across pretty much any platform. You could do the same as with Microsoft via OneNote, Outlook, Office etc. on iPhone or Android.

The advantage with Google and Microsoft is that they have apps across platforms so you can use whatever device you like.

Soldato
No different if you were an Android user on a Mac or PC, you can use Google Docs, Keep, Gmail, Calendar etc. across pretty much any platform. You could do the same as with Microsoft via OneNote, Outlook, Office etc. on iPhone or Android.

The advantage with Google and Microsoft is that they have apps across platforms so you can use whatever device you like.

Is this possible for communications? I.e. Calls, messages, contacts? I regularly take calls and messages on my Mac whilst working.

Soldato
Is this possible for communications? I.e. Calls, messages, contacts? I regularly take calls and messages on my Mac whilst working.

Fair point, honestly not sure about direct calls, but it would seem to depend on the apps your company utilises. From my experience at a few orgs everyone internally uses Slack, Teams or Zoom alongside email primarily.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Exactly this.

Im not sure why apple fanboys always seem to mention this continuity thing as if its only apple products that do it? Most people use gmail and that is fine across any device? Even whatsapp has a desktop version. The only thing apple has over androids in this regards is something like airdrop and imessage, whereas everything else is very similar.

Also, before anyone comes in here assuming im an android fanboy, I own a iphone and I plan on upgrading one of the iphone 12 pro variants when it releases

Soldato
Exactly this.

Im not sure why apple fanboys always seem to mention this continuity thing as if its only apple products that do it? Most people use gmail and that is fine across any device? Even whatsapp has a desktop version. The only thing apple has over androids in this regards is something like airdrop and imessage, whereas everything else is very similar.

Also, before anyone comes in here assuming im an android fanboy, I own a iphone and I plan on upgrading one of the iphone 12 pro variants when it releases

Here is what continuity does:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204681

Soldato
I don’t think anyone said it can’t be done, but what Apple is able to achieve because of its integration makes it a seamless experience. You sign in on the device and it all works. Even things like switching AirPods from one device to another is seriously easy.

On the android/pc side you need a separate account and app for every function you want to use across devices and each need to be configured individually. You have to remember this is a forum full of tech enthusiasts, for the main stream this is something which is much harder to achieve because they don’t live and breathe computers and all the different APP options with their own benefits and issues. The sheer number of options is a barrier in itself.

I should also add that I mainly use windows but my wife is on Mac.

Soldato
I don’t think anyone said it can’t be done, but what Apple is able to achieve because of its integration makes it a seamless experience. You sign in on the device and it all works. Even things like switching AirPods from one device to another is seriously easy.

On the android/pc side you need a separate account and app for every function you want to use across devices and each need to be configured individually. You have to remember this is a forum full of tech enthusiasts, for the main stream this is something which is much harder to achieve because they don’t live and breathe computers and all the different APP options with their own benefits and issues. The sheer number of options is a barrier in itself.

I should also add that I mainly use windows but my wife is on Mac.

As a tech enthusiast I highly value product ease of use. If you’ve made your product or ecosystem of products in such a way that the functionality requires multiple apps and logins to achieve what a competitor does without all that fuss then that is a huge downside to your product.

I can’t imagine a tech enthusiast would want to make things MORE complicated than they need to be. We are the group of people with much higher standards who absolutely demand things to be designed to work exceptionally well.

A non-tech enthusiast is much more likely to accept a poor implementation of a product design or functionality.

Soldato
While I don’t disagree, many will prefer different apps which have much more control on what they do or features Apple doesn’t support. That’s the main downside with Apple, you have little control on what the ecosystem does or how it does it. It’s typically Apples way or the highway and that isn’t acceptable to many enthusiasts.

Android on the other hand is infinitely configureable and is one of the reasons people say when they say android is better.

I’m with you though, Apple makes it very easy. I’m an enthusiast but care little for making the experience my own. I’ve not felt the need to ‘tweak’ any device for a decade, I have better things to do.

Soldato
It’s a lot easier than having to put devices into pairing mode and repair between iPhone iPad and laptop though as you would with a pair of Sony’s.

Soldato
It’s a lot easier than having to put devices into pairing mode and repair between iPhone iPad and laptop though as you would with a pair of Sony’s.

That's not how it works on Android, I have wireless headphones synced to a Samsung S2 tablet and Note 9.

To switch you just quick access Bluetooth and tap the headphones to turn them off on the current device, then on the other device you just tap the headphones and they connect. No need to pair, re-pair.

Associate
I know prices have been rumoured but definitely looking at £1200/1300 for the Pro models I'd say.

Apple is too rich for my blood these days.

Soldato
If the 5.4 inch 12 is $649 then I'll be ordering the second it's available. That is going to sell incredibly well.

Sounds too cheap, even though the screen size is slightly smaller it's rumoured to be oled, the iPhone 11 is $699, I can't see it coming in below than that unless they gimp something else.

Back
Top Bottom