iPhone 3G is just.. slow

Soldato
Hi there,
Was on my mums 3G the other day and it well was just slow, even compared to my old Samsung Jet, it lags in its response to input and it just seems very slow. Somewhat like a PC with a virus. She has also noticed it to, any thoughts on how we could resolve this?
Thanks in advance for replies. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Not a big pile that can be done as the OS update (a good while back) rendered it fairly poor in performance terms. Can speak from experience having went from a 3G to a 3GS, which performs fairly well at the moment.

Associate
Best thing for a 3G is to revert back to 3.1.3.

Google will find you the firmware and upon iTunes' error 1014/1015 you can use recboot or tinyumbrealla to get going again. :)

Caporegime
Not a big pile that can be done as the OS update (a good while back) rendered it fairly poor in performance terms. Can speak from experience having went from a 3G to a 3GS, which performs fairly well at the moment.

Yes I also noticed that with my 3G. After the iOS 4 update performance suffered dramatically, pre iOS 4 it was perfect, snappy, nice to use, now I can't even have a handful of apps installed as my phone mysteriously grinds to a halt.

Soldato
iOS 4 killed the 3g. I had to upgrade my phone because it couldn't even make phone calls after a while once I updated it. Apple ****ed me off for even releasing it for the 3g. :(

Soldato
^ It's more that it's made it pretty useless.

I'm still on a 3G since launch and it is painful to use a lot of the time. Apps either take ages and some will also crash. The iOS has come a long way since it's launch, there was no App store even back then, and you only got a handful of apps but it worked.

These days though with iOS4 it even takes ages to do things which used to be quite speedy, for example opening and using the built in Map app.

I yearn to upgrade.
But the iPhone4 put me off because of the antenna issue and I wanted a white one. It's been so long now that there is little point buying a 4 when clearly a new phone isn't that far away. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is in the same boat.

Soldato
Have reverted my 3G to 3.1.3 after reading this thread and it really is noticeably better. I miss a few features of iOS 4.0, the main one being the character count in the SMS app.

Have also jailbroken and using sbsettings to kill backgrounded processes to keep a reasonable amount of memory free.

I think I'll stick with OS 3 and see how things go. 4.0 just made the phone so horrible to use.

Soldato
I yearn to upgrade.
But the iPhone4 put me off because of the antenna issue and I wanted a white one. It's been so long now that there is little point buying a 4 when clearly a new phone isn't that far away. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is in the same boat.

Grinding along on my 3G here as well, praying the new one won't cost silly money to buy outright from apple and will have more storage space. It can't happen too soon for me!

Back
Top Bottom