Iphone email set up with 123-reg.co.uk

Associate
Hi folks,

I have set up my iphone to receive emails using my pop account from 123-reg but I can't for the life of me get my emails to send.

I can use my virgin smtp account so it works from home on my own connection but this doesn't work when I am out and about using my 3g connection.

I have tried to use 123-reg smtp but that also doesn't work. Does anyone have a guide as to how to set it up correctly?

Thanks

Matt

Soldato
Use Google Apps for your mail and get push e-mail via Exchange ;)

Indeed, I've moved all my personal domains over to Google Apps and it works pretty well, for free too :)

Oh and if anybody wants a nice short @3.je email account which has 7GB of storage, IMAP, webmail and push contacts/calendar/email on the iPhone, let me know.

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I forward my Gmail via Mobile Me.

Instant push and the crap never reaches my inbox :)

Associate
123-reg now working smtp on iphone

hi, after 2 days of corrispondance with 123-reg for my own website if finaly found out the port numbers in there help forum are wrong for sending smtp.

il list them below , these also work on iphon just make sure auth is on password, and port numbers set up accordingly in the advanced options on the iphone mails servers setup.

SMTP: smtp.123-reg.co.uk outgoing port 587
POP3: pop.123-reg.co.uk incoming port 110

user name is email address, password is one u chose.etc

they list outgoing as port 25 on there forums but it does not work for me on either windows 7 outlook or iphone... changed to 587 and works ... /cheer

i saw ur post while trying to figure it out my self so i thought id let u know the sollution :_)

http://www.jvbarchitecture.com

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

587 and 110 are pretty standard ports.

Strange that they'd recommend port 25. If anything they should use port 80 to guarantee success :o

Back
Top Bottom