iPhone newbie, just got it, need advice :)

Soldato
hello there,

right im a touch screen phone newbie, got my iphone 4 8gb yesterday 2nd hand and give it a full charge, its about 4 month old, pretty minted condition for 250, which iv been told a bargain as my friend just payed 140 for a minted iphone 3gs haha.

as its my first touch screen jobbie, iv been using it a lot as ya can imagine all cool stuff etc, connected to wifi all the time and on messengers.

my battery though is 41% allready, it says since last charge usage 7 hr 15 mins, standby 18 hr 10 mins.
is that good ?

and also, iv downloaded most essential apps iv been told to get,

facebook, fb chat, whatsapp, windows live messenger, twitter, a handy app to turn the light on or off etc.

is there any other apps i need that are usefull?

thanks

Associate
If you have been using it for 7hrs non-stop, on wifi and downloading/uploading etc, then 41% sounds about right.

Soldato
OP
ok cheers, aye i use fones all the time, im guessin iphones dnt have very good battery life then, my old phone i could use 5 days constantly texting and fb and wifi all the time befor battery would get to about 20% . do ya recon i should get a new battery for my iphone?

Soldato
No to the new battery, you have to adjust your expectations when using smart phones imo, you're running a heck of a lot of hardware from such a small battery, it will require charging more.

Soldato
7 hours usage is great for a smarthphone with 40 percent still left TBH

expect to charge any smartphone up every night

Soldato
Yep, as others have stated, with a smartphone you can expect to have to charge it every night. I slap mine on charge before I go to bed :)

There are plenty of apps that people recommend in the link above (here).

If you use Reddit, I would recommend AlienBlue. And Facebook has its own app :)

Soldato
I would be very happy with that to be perfectly honest, My iPhone 4s isn't awful but it's not great.. I just do the common things close previously used applications, turn brightness down, location services etc.. to improve battery life.

Soldato
I would be very happy with that to be perfectly honest, My iPhone 4s isn't awful but it's not great.. I just do the common things close previously used applications, turn brightness down, location services etc.. to improve battery life.
Apparently closing down applications in the 'MT bar' doesn't do anything anyway for majority of applications because of the way iOS deals with them. Plenty of articles out there which go into detail.

Associate
I think it's fine if you can get through your day normally without worrying about running out of juice before you are home. If I know I'm having a looooong day, I'd usally switch off 3G and/or reduce the brightness down to prolong the battery life.

Back
Top Bottom