iPod, iTunes + podcast question

Associate
Hi. I was just wondering if anyone knows whether it is possible to have an iPod partnered with one machine (my home desktop) for music synchronization but to be able to pick up podcasts from another machine (my laptop).

Actually have just realised that's not very clear. So here's the setup up. I have an iPod and use iTunes on my home machine to manage my music collection. The iPod syncs quite happily with it. However I don't use my home machine that often and would really like to use my laptop to pickup podcasts that I subscribe to. The question is, can I do this an then automatically move the podcasts to my iPod. Thanks!

Associate
You may be able to do this by setting the iPod to only update podcasts on the laptop's copy of iTunes.
Then on your desktop, have the iPod to only update from the music library, not podcasts.
I'm not sure if this would wipe your entire library and replace it with podcasts though.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the suggestion but I'm pretty sure this won't work. When the iPod is connected to the laptop with iTunes running it asks if I want to partner the iPod with that machine and warns that it will delete any music files already on there. So you're right, I'd end up with just the podcasts.

Associate
i made that mistake and ended up with just the podcasts, but now I can't get rid of the podcasts, they are greyed out when i select the ipod in itunes, they don't appear in the podcast section,and they're not on my playlist. any ideas how i can delete them?

many thanks

sp

Associate
sneakypenguin said:
i made that mistake and ended up with just the podcasts, but now I can't get rid of the podcasts, they are greyed out when i select the ipod in itunes, they don't appear in the podcast section,and they're not on my playlist. any ideas how i can delete them?

many thanks

sp

format you ipod? then put the music and everything back on? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom