iPod Touch 12 month warranty....

Caporegime
Hi guys,

I bought an iPod Touch from a retail store in May this year, after entering the serial to check it's warranty status (i'm selling it) the Apple site is saying the warranty expires in January 2012.

I've emailed them, with a receipt of the purchase from May and they're advising;

"Apple has reviewed your proof of purchase and your request to update the purchase date in our records. Your request was carefully considered. We regret to inform you that your request has been denied.

Your request was denied because the receipt does not reflect the original retail purchase."

What the hell? So they're saying the warranty starts from the day the retail shop I bought from, bought it from them? :confused:

Is that right?? Anyone experienced this kind of thing from Apple before?

Soldato
I had an issue with one I got free with my iPhone. It needed a software update but Apple said it was too old and would require me to pay a fee to get it done. I explained the iPod was only purchased 4 months prior but they said it was already out of warranty!

In the end I kept phoning until someone agreed to give me the updated software for free.

Associate
Hey Orange Peel...that statement Apple gave you is BS. I've seen it before many a time. The warranty expiry they have on file is only an estimate, based on the average turn around of items sold to a particular store. If you contact a decent Apple Reseller they will sort it for you.

By the sounds of it they still haven't sorted it for you?

Associate
I've had a quick scan through and don't think I'd be breaking forum rules here.. but if you need that sorting I work for an Apple reseller. I'm away onsite at the moment but back Friday. If you want it sorting dude I'm happy to give Apple some stick to honour the original warranty for you, we do it fairly frequently, though generally only for people that have bought stuff from us =]

Back
Top Bottom