Iron Fist on Netflix

Soldato

I signed up to the free trial of Netflix a couple of weeks ago. So far I've watched the series of Luge Cage, the two series of Daredevil and I just finished watching the series of Jessica Jones.

Can't wait to see this! :D

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Looking forward to this!

I liked Luke Cage too, granted it wasn't amazing, but it was worth watching imo.

Soldato
Wasn't sure on the Danny Rand casting initially but that trailer looks good. I'm hoping it was the fact that they rushed Luke Cage into production (Iron Fist was due to be the next series after S2 of Daredevil but as Cage was so popular in JJ they pushed it forward) as being the reason it turned out so poorly. Some parts were ok but it seemed to get progressively worse and the end fight, good lord.

Hopefully as this has had a lot more time put in it will be a much better story. And then on to The Defenders :D

Soldato
I think invoking arrow is a bit unfair at this point. Although the extended trailer isn't a positive.

With Luke Cage, whilst it had potential and occasional interest, on the whole I found it disjointed with very poor action direction, more like jessica jones than dare devil which is definitely not a plus imho.

With Iron fist I will try to keep an open mind, but the trailer isn't great, at this point the Punisher probably has more potential than the defenders.

Soldato
Another one for the universe building before we the Netflix 'avengers' show with them all in later this year.

Has hints of crouching tiger but looks more like a CW show than a Netflix one.

Soldato
Jessica Jones started off good, got a bit lost in the middle (felt like a bunch of filler episodes sapping the momentum) then finished strongly, I thought. It just needed a shorter run; 8-10 episodes instead of 13.

Luke Cage started off brilliant, then took a nosedive mid-season. It got progressively worse each episode, and I only tuned in to the next in the hope it would pick up. Really not quite sure what the Diamondback ******** was all about.

To an extent, I think Daredevil suffers from being slightly too long as well. Not as bad as JJ, but both seasons could have been tightened up a little if they were cut down to 10 episodes.

I'm hoping this will be more along the lines of DD. I think the trailer looks good, but then I've thought that about every trailer that's been released for the Marvel/Netflix shows. I remain optimistic though; for me, the highlight of Daredevil is the fight choreography. Iron Fist should provide plenty of potential for great scenes.

Associate
Another "rich dude learns martial arts then fights crime" story? Come on now. I think it was a mistake for Netflix to another show so similar to their existing Marvel shows. Basically every episode is some guy punching groups of other guys with the bare minimum display of super powers. I thought Jessica Jones and Luke Cage were awful.

They should have spent this money on making The Punisher a cut above their other Marvel shows in terms of spectacle, so we would have Daredevil for cool hand to hand fighting, and The Punisher for large scale explosions/badass gunfights.

Associate
I love Marvel stuff, all Marvel stuff but this is starting to worry me when two days before the release you have it's star defending it on all sides, starting with the usual "don't worry that critics don't like it, its for the fans" before ending with stuff like:

"I think the world has changed a lot since we were filming that television show," he said. "I’m playing a white American billionaire superhero, at a time when the white American billionaire archetype is public enemy number one, especially in the US.
"We filmed the show way before Trump’s election, and I think it’s very interesting to see how that perception, now that Trump’s in power, how it makes it very difficult to root for someone coming from white privilege, when that archetype is public enemy number one."

Back
Top Bottom