Is 3-fan splitter safe to use for 3x Nocua NF-P12 1300rpm fans?

Associate
Hi

after searching for answers regarding safety of using a 3-way fan splitter online i'm getting different answers.

Some are saying no, others if the fans are low wattage and others say possibly if it is a good to high end motherboard.

I'm wanting to connect 3 Noctua 120mm fans to an Asus b360-f motherboard which has very few fan headers. Am presently having to use a m.2 fan header to just to connect a 120mm fan at bottom of my case. I am wanting to replace 2x140mm corsair ml140's at the front of my case with the 3xnoctua nf-p12 fans. Thought these would be good and quiet for my lian li lancool 2 mesh case.

Am hoping that because the noctua fans are only 1300rpm they will be safe to use with a 3-way fan splitter to my board.

Would appreciate some guidance. Many thanks.

Soldato
If it's PWM it must be 4 pin. I think OcUK must have the wrong image on their listing (or the wrong description).

If you look up the part's EAN on EK's site it shows a cable with 4 pin connectors.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Am I doing something wrong - attempting to order the cable but it is attempting to charge me nearly £12 due to DPD delivery. How come not being offered royal mail and fee delivery?

Edit: Turns out was not using latest Overclockers website so thus the free delivery function not working. Item ordered now. Many thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom