Is anyone else done wearing jeans in public?

Associate
I used to be a jeans type of guy, when ever I would leave the house I would always be in a nice pair of jeans, fendi belt, good drip. How ever since the lock down I have been wearing jogger bottoms pretty much 24/7 , I recently put some jeans on to go out and it really just made me realise how uncomfortable they really are.

At that moment I realised I just can't wear jeans out in public anymore. It doesn't matter if I am in Harrods, on a date, or in burger king, I will be wearing a nice soft pair of joggers. I feel so liberated from the societal pressure that was forcing this notion on me that I had to wear jeans or I am a chav. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Soldato
there are garments out there that offer the comfort of traccy bottoms without the look of traccy bottoms.

tbh a good set of jeans isn't that uncomfortable, well maybe skinny jeans are, i've never bothered with them.

Man of Honour
I've always worn black jeans straight leg with stretch material (Cotton Elastane mix) - look smart and comfortable.

(If you get the right size/fit they don't just hang on you shapelessly like relaxed jeans and maintain a good level of contour without being silly like skinny jeans but give a good degree of comfort).

Last edited:
Soldato
Skinny jeans...my god how to blokes wear them!?
I tried a pair on and had to walk like John Wayne.

I can only assume they have small balls!

Tracky bottoms out and about,you definitely need to pair it with a nice man bag and a few gold chains..

Soldato
I still wear jeans regularly, but like others I've never worn the skinny stuff.

Always thought they looked ridiculous and would be horribly uncomfortable.

A decent pair of well fitting jeans are very comfortable imo, I wear joggers when sat around the flat or when working out.

Last edited:
Associate
there are garments out there that offer the comfort of traccy bottoms without the look of traccy bottoms.

Have you got examples? Obviously it's personal preference. I have a pair of Mountain Equipment pants that are nice, but they ain't no decent trackies. Cheap trackies are rubbish however.
But i do play sport regularly. So trackies are a natural thing for me.
Anyone who judges based on clothing choice is probably racist, hah.

But OP, joggers are pretty decent i agree. I stopped wearing jeans when i started with sport 20yrs ago, never looked back xD

Man of Honour
Have you got examples? Obviously it's personal preference. I have a pair of Mountain Equipment pants that are nice, but they ain't no decent trackies. Cheap trackies are rubbish however.
But i do play sport regularly. So trackies are a natural thing for me.
Anyone who judges based on clothing choice is probably racist, hah.

But OP, joggers are pretty decent i agree. I stopped wearing jeans when i started with sport 20yrs ago, never looked back xD

For a long time I used to alternatively wear a smarter version of basic cargo trousers that were more fitted/fashion designed rather than specific outdoor type but I kind of outgrew that as general wear - only use them now if I'm on holiday or actually doing outdoors stuff, etc.

Man of Honour
Cargo pants are silly comfortable, I don't even remember the last time I saw someone wearing them though.

They've kind of gone out of fashion in a more general setting - around early 2000s was quite popular. I still have some I use when I'm on holiday, etc. but once I hit 30 or so I don't feel I can pull them off as general wear LOL.

Soldato
They've kind of gone out of fashion in a more general setting - around early 2000s was quite popular. I still have some I use when I'm on holiday, etc. but once I hit 30 or so I don't feel I can pull them off as general wear LOL.

Yeah, I used to wear them a lot in the 2000's but started to feel like a bit of a tit as I got older.

Caporegime
It's not a question of if you are a chav it's that wearing tracksuit bottoms you will make you look like one, if you don't care how others perceive you then go ahead. Trousers are comfortable like tracksuit bottoms though and they also look smart.

Back
Top Bottom