Is Dominator RAM worth it?

Associate
Hi guys

Was thinking of purchasing some corsair dominator ram (1833MHz), but it is quite pricey. Is the ram worth it or should I go with an alternative?? I currently have some 8gb crucial ram at 1600MHz.

Thanks

Will

Associate
I'd say in most cases nowadays you want to go with faster than 1600 if your system can support it. I would take a look at team group. I don't think they do LED modules but they are nice looking modules IMHO.

Associate
If you Google search memory speeds there's a lot of reviews and info that seems to indicate that the difference in speeds is so little that you'd be better off spending your money on low latency 1600 if you really do need new stuff. I need some ram for my new build and that's probably the route I'll be taking.

Associate
If you Google search memory speeds there's a lot of reviews and info that seems to indicate that the difference in speeds is so little that you'd be better off spending your money on low latency 1600 if you really do need new stuff...

This

I recall Anandtech doing a big test some time ago and came to the conclusion that tighter timings gives you better performance rather than sheer memory speed. Bigger MHz ram is more about bragging rights and doesn't raelly give any real world advantage.

Soldato
Hi guys

Was thinking of purchasing some corsair dominator ram (1833MHz), but it is quite pricey. Is the ram worth it or should I go with an alternative?? I currently have some 8gb crucial ram at 1600MHz.

Thanks

Will

What RAM do you currently have? Is there any reason for the change?

If you are looking to get a replacement kit, look at Teamgroup. They produce the best RAM with a superb price vs performance ratio.

Associate
Hi guys

Thanks

Will

everyone will say pick this and that ,you need to say to your self do i really need led lights,how much you can afford to pay,will my mb take these ram, voltage etc etc. i went for the corsair dominator ram 2133mhz @1.5v almost an year and no problems with them .they are the cream of the crop :):)

Soldato
Is the ram worth it?

Simple answer no :D

There's far better things to be spending your money on before upgrading your RAM for what are essentially negligible performance increases, ie you just wouldn't be able to tell the difference!

Spend the money saved on a SSD if you haven't already got one, or maybe use it to upgrade your video card. Both of these will be a far more noticeable upgrade than RAM will ever be.

EDIT: Having said that my quad channel Avexir 2666MHz stuff does look sweet :p

Last edited: