• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is driver degradation a thing or just made up?

Soldato
So should any benches/games that use async compute be tested with that turned off to compare Nvidia vs AMD games fairly?

Why should it, AMD aren't in control of performance, they simply support it, It's not AMD's fault Nvidia chose not to support part of an API feature set that's free to support.

I'm always puzzled by this strange double standard. If Nvidia cards are good at certain things that are implemented in games, it doesn't count. But when AMD cards are good at certain things, it's fair game for some reason.

I'm more puzzled how anyone wants taken seriously when comparing Nvidia/MS api's when only one of them is vendor neutral.

If the toys get thrown out the pram if AMD bomb on the DX12 features that they don't support via hardware and have to run through software-then it would be double standards.

The funniest part about this thread with the whinging is what if it was reversed, that would be a right laugh eh?

Associate
So should any benches/games that use async compute be tested with that turned off to compare Nvidia vs AMD games fairly?

I'm always puzzled by this strange double standard. If Nvidia cards are good at certain things that are implemented in games, it doesn't count. But when AMD cards are good at certain things, it's fair game for some reason.

Async doesnt hurt nvidia scores though well at the very least not by much look at the vulcan benchmarks for doom the AMD hardware increases dramatically where as the Nvidia stays the same or gains a small amount where as NVIDIA gameworks and other stuff actively conflicts with the performance on AMD cards. Its fine for them to use it for NVIDIA cards but the way its forced onto the AMD ones degrading performance for them is bad.

Back
Top Bottom