1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is 'gl hf' not a thing anymore?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by [FnG]magnolia, 8 Oct 2021.

1. [FnG]magnolia

Pancake

I've been playing Splitgate a lot recently thanks to the responses to this thread where I asked for some UT-type fun

Splitgate is delivering; it's a ton of fun but it's evidencing some similar responses in other games I'm also playing where the old 'GL HF' (or 'glhf' because you're trying to cram it in before the action starts!) gets ignored or sometimes ridiculed. (I had an Ozzie guy over chat say, "Uh, what is GILF dude? Is that your gran?" which is not bad for a retort to be fair)

I'm not a huge fan of voice comms unless we're doing something a bit more serious but I'm curious if this is just a NZ/AUS thing where people under a certain age don't know or don't care or don't bother with some of the stuff I used to and still do by rote.

What's the fresh takes?

2. Chuk_Chuk

Mobster

I sometimes use glhf while playing RL. Maybe it's just the community of the game you were playing.

3. chroniclard

Capodecina

Bru, not sure being pleasant in video games is the done thing these days. n00b

4. MikeTheNative

Sgarrista

Depends on the game. In iracing, I often see it before the start and there seems a bit more respect for the other teams in the mil sims. Rarely COD/BF though, it's usually just complain that their team is crap.

5. EddScott

Sgarrista

I race online in ACC quite a bit and often see "GL HF" or "Don't forget to send it into T1" that sort of thing. :)

6. jsmoke

Capodecina

Used to use it in the enemy territory days. It's all "$$$$ you, i'll kill you and your family if you steal my loot" now.

7. throwaway4372

Gangster

zoomers have no manners

8. Fluffybob

Hitman

still get the odd GG after games but haven't seen GL HF for an age. It's all a bit unfriendly these days (think I'm getting too old for this shiz)

9. Sp00n

Capodecina

'gg' seems to have been replaced with 'ez'

10. throwaway4372

Gangster

git gud tho

11. Semple

Sgarrista

:cry: yeah this seems to get used a lot. Even in games where its almost a draw, like 1 kill in it and you get these types who scream easy. I can imagine it riles a lot of people up.

12. Junglist

Sgarrista

I'm still a fan of typing GLHF and GG in Call Of Duty MW and surprisingly I get it back sometimes

I know it's not cool to be nice online any more and everyone wants to be an edgy jackass especially in FPS games but old habits die hard. Only time I've ever typed a 'EZ' is when playing a private match with friends

13. Dg834man

Gangster

It's pretty funny see it a lot in battlefield you check the scoreboard and more often than not the person saying it is on the winning side with a 4-12 score

14. Josh

Capodecina

GGWP2ez

15. Mr Badger

Sgarrista

OK boomer

16. Woodsta888

Wise Guy

It's usually those at the bottom of the scoreboard to, and their stats showed they had a terrible game :D

17. Woodsta888

Wise Guy

U MAD?

18. kkelly

Mobster

I mind clan TFC / CS when a player dropped the other team would bench / idle someone so they'd be equal. Dont think that'd happen now :D

19. Nevakonaza

Soldato

People tend to be too much of sweaty try hards these days, who if you outplay them they get nasty or throw the haccusations, I miss the old days of good competitive gameplay, where teams would actually work together, and not be insults galore from the loosing team at the end of a match.

20. Frenzy

Soldato

gg guys