Is good wrist action?

Soldato
The method my wife was taught in Germany many years ago when she worked in a Hotel was to:

- lie the duvet flat on the bed, folded in half so you can easily reach the corners
- turn the cover inside-out
- reach inside the cover to the corners and then grab the duvet corners
- shake the cover over the duvet

You need the height to be able to shake it down and the arm span when its a double.

Soldato
The method my wife was taught in Germany many years ago when she worked in a Hotel was to:

- lie the duvet flat on the bed, folded in half so you can easily reach the corners

You need the height to be able to shake it down and the arm span when its a double.
Surely everyone does this? I’d add shake it over the banister to the list as well.

Soldato
yeah - as long as you do the first part...turning the cover inside out then grabbing the corners of the duvet and shaking it a bit so the duvet's roughly in the top corners of the cover then you can lay it on the bed, go to the bottom and pull the cover right down over the duvet...then shake it again from the bottom/sides/reach inside and move the duvet corners in to the cover corners

doesn't really matter how tall you are or how long your arms are :p

Soldato
Surely everyone does this? I’d add shake it over the banister to the list as well.

I've never done it this way. I'm tall enough and with a long enough arm span that i can sort of thread the duvet into the cover, then grab both corners and shake it down to the other end. Button up, and then shake the corners a bit to get it aligned.

I can see how that method would make it easier though. I assume people who use this method must iron their duvet covers inside out?

Soldato
I've never done it this way. I'm tall enough and with a long enough arm span that i can sort of thread the duvet into the cover, then grab both corners and shake it down to the other end. Button up, and then shake the corners a bit to get it aligned.

I can see how that method would make it easier though. I assume people who use this method must iron their duvet covers inside out?
Iron a duvet cover........

Soldato
OP

Almost half of single men said they don't wash their bed sheets for up to four months at a time, with 12% admitting they wash them when they remember - which could be even longer.

Single women changed more often, 62% cleaning their bedding every two weeks, and couples claiming to do theirs every three weeks, according to data from a bedding company.

:eek:

Soldato

I do it like this. Is there any other way?

Longer than once a week is rank in my books. Grim reading. :(

Man of Honour

:eek: indeed, can't believe people are changing their bedding every two weeks, must have too much time and/or bedding on their hands.

--To be clear, I understand there may be health benefits from regular linen changing, but it just doesn't work like that round here. Typically we'd go at least a month assuming no visible detriment[/filth]

Back
Top Bottom