• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is it fair to ask for a £30 refund on i7 8700k I purchased 12 days ago ?

Associate
some retailers do offer the difference in refund if the price drops within a certain amount of time, but its usually clothes stores afaik I don't know any tech company who has, it seems like you wasn't 100% comfortable about spending this much money to begin with, while you paid £428 it could have been had for 375 anyway but I guess you voted with your wallet already

Permabanned
OP

You should’ve just emailed OCUK and asked. Not in a thread like this. It’s like painting a target on your back.

I don’t really care about right or whatever. If I can blag a retailer to give me back £30 store credit or actual then happy days, better for me.

But maybe you should look around at prices, research so you pay a price your happy with too.

Associate
It’s called buyers remorse...I have it too but I’m not blaming anyone for my own stupidity, buying a new system a few weeks before Black Friday kicked in...duh! I kept my build in my wish list and would have been over £200 better off if I’d waited and a £100 better off even with an i7 instead of i5...

I should have known better but lesson learned and move on...I still have a great system that will bring me many hours of vr gaming pleasure.

Associate
Nothing quite like an A+ backpedal after not getting the response you want on a forum post. Thanks for the laughs.

Soldato
Were all loyal customers but people doing stuff like sending stuff back just because they have spat there dummy out over not being able to wait a couple of weeks spoils it for the rest

TBH there are worse people out there. Those that buy and return if the CPU or GPU (mainly CPU) isn't a good clocker, and the worst of that is those who buy to review and then send it back or buy as a stop gap whilst they wait for their parts in the post to arrive.
Hopefully OC and other retailers have a kind of notes system where they can see this sort of behaviour in their customers.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom