• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is it me or Nvidia prices going up ?

Man of Honour
All my 260s will do 25% core overclock and 15-20% shader overclock and I don't know of many that won't clock from 576 to ~720.

I've not seen many 4890s manage better than 10-15% overclocks without extreme cooling.

Man of Honour
295GTX is a good card... just stupidly over priced... my OC'd 260GTX SLI powers through just about anything with ease.

Soldato
OP
Heh, agreed. I'd get that dyslexia looked at, btw.

LOL.

Why, has someone found a cure ? :D Its BTW, BTW. Would you like to come with me BTW :D

Originally Posted by jigger View Post
Some tests where 4890 wins by a few frames here N there

Did you pull that from your bottom ?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Cheers Mate, although I am feeling rather dyslexic today, a few to many sherbert's last night I think.

Anyway, it looks like Nvidia are pushing the prices of the 295 and 285. Maybe because of withdrawal of the 4870x2 Nvidia feel it only right to milk away ?

They have missed out on the usual use of making a shed load of cards EOL so every one panic buys a second card for SLI. Thats a nice little scam, maybe they need the cash.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Cheers Mate, although I am feeling rather dyslexic today, a few to many sherbert's last night I think.

Anyway, it looks like Nvidia are pushing the prices of the 295 and 285. Maybe because of withdrawal of the 4870x2 Nvidia feel it only right to milk away ?

They have missed out on the usual use of making a shed load of cards EOL so every one panic buys a second card for SLI. Thats a nice little scam, maybe they need the cash.

:mad:

Permabanned
Kylew,

Are you actually some sort of hybrid ATI fanboy/English teacher?

You're doing a terrific job of impersonating one if you're not?

Perhaps you could find another forum to continue your tiresome/unnecessary attacks on people's inability to meet your levels of spelling & grammar perfection? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Permabanned
Kylew,

Are you actually some sort of hybrid ATI fanboy/English teacher?

You're doing a terrific job of impersonating one if you're not?

Perhaps you could find another forum to continue your tiresome/unnecessary attacks on people's inability to meet your levels of spelling & grammar perfection? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

:confused:

Funny how when I saw you were last to post in this thread that I'd be the only one you were making a comment to...

If you don't like it, find yourself a new forum, you've already been suspended once at least for trolling me.

Also, have you ever heard of a joke? Firstly, I was joking with Jigger, so don't take offence on behalf of people, and secondly, the first comment I made was about a snide comment made by some one about Jigger being dyslexic while they were showing a complete lack of understanding when it came to the usage of an apostrophe.

Here, take this bucket:

bucket.gif

And place it over your head, there we go, now you're more appealing to everyone around here.

Job done. :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
:confused:

Funny how when I saw you were last to post in this thread that I'd be the only one you were making a comment to...

If you don't like it, find yourself a new forum, you've already been suspended once at least for trolling me.

I think you'll find you have fallen foul of your own levels of perfection. Read that first line back to yourself.....

That's right, you've missed out 2 ENTIRE WORDS!!!! It should, of course, have read:

"Funny how when I saw you were last to post in this thread I KNEW that I'd be the only one you were making a comment to..."

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. You're priceless.

Have a nice evening Kylie. :)
xx

Man of Honour
Very rarely do you reply to anyones posts with anything constructive (atleast in the GPU forum)... slightest sniff of something that could be in any way shape or form construed to be anti ATI you stick the knife into them or failing that criticise their spelling or grammar... after awhile it gets quite irritating.

EDIT: Looking through some of your recent posts that might be exaggerated slightly, but most of the threads I've read that you've posted in are in that manner.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Very rarely do you reply to anyones posts with anything constructive (atleast in the GPU forum)... slightest sniff of something that could be in any way shape or form construed to be anti ATI you stick the knife into them or failing that criticise their spelling or grammar... after awhile it gets quite irritating.

Re-read my post, the reason I was being critical was because that person was being a bit harsh saying that Jigger was dyslexic while writing SLi'd...

As for saying nothing constructive, I can't say you're not guilty of that either, you're too quick to bas ATi, faster than you think I am at bashing nVidia.

The reason I respond to 'anti-ATi' comments is becuase they're usually bull made up by idiots to justify why they've been ripped off by nVidia.

You're not free from people complaining about your ATi bashing, a lot of people accuse you of it.

As for moaning about people's spelling, some mistakes get seriously irritating.

Then instead of than? That's utterly cringe worthy.

I'm not the only one who does it, but I'd agree I do it the most frequently, but then how would you learn you're spelling something wrong unless told?

What's worse, me being critical on an internet forum, or someone's application form getting laughed at by an employer due to terribad spelling mistakes such as 'rather then that one' for example.

I didn't realise I was misspelling professional as 'proffessional' until some on here pointed it out.

I don't care that I'm criticised for spelling mistakes, if I give criticism I should be able to take it back, something I can't say about a few people on here.

If I'm spelling something wrong, then I'm grateful that some one points it out, I don't take it to heart and hissy fit over it to avoid acknowledging that I've spelt something wrong.

Permabanned
I think you'll find you have fallen foul of your own levels of perfection. Read that first line back to yourself.....

That's right, you've missed out 2 ENTIRE WORDS!!!! It should, of course, have read:

"Funny how when I saw you were last to post in this thread I KNEW that I'd be the only one you were making a comment to..."

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. You're priceless.

Have a nice evening Kylie. :)
xx

Great, thanks, I knew something didn't read right in my sentence.

Permabanned

EDIT: Looking through some of your recent posts that might be exaggerated slightly, but most of the threads I've read that you've posted in are in that manner.

At least you're honest enough to post that edit.

Another point, I'm not an exactly serious person, something that doesn't, or arguable can't really be portrayed in text on an internet forum.

I'm the same with friends, but they can tell I'm just winding them up.

It does irritate me, but I'm not being deadly serious about it.

Back
Top Bottom