Is it ok to be proud to be white?

Associate
I was clarifying what I'd meant in my previous post, because you had asked, which continued the conversation about whether being concerned about white birth rates was racist.

Do try to keep up.
what is it about melanin in politics and culture that leads you to believe it would affect or concern anyone?

Soldato
And one of those groups is growing simply because of everyone's apathy towards the other.

The Islamic ones have hit a plateau, too many law enforcement eyes on them and the Muslim communities, which you people love to bash, have been pressuring them as well. On the other hand, the white nazis are growing, recruitment is flourishing, particularly online and this White Pride thread (a hate slogan) is one of the many anecdotal evidence showing it. But, in the end, losers are still losers and they will end up in the rubbish bin of history, just like the last time. The only uknown is how much damage they can do before they are wiped out.

Soldato
The Islamic ones have hit a plateau, too many law enforcement eyes on them and the Muslim communities, which you people love to bash, have been pressuring them as well. On the other hand, the white nazis are growing, recruitment is flourishing, particularly online and this White Pride thread (a hate slogan) is one of the many anecdotal evidence showing it. But, in the end, losers are still losers and they will end up in the rubbish bin of history, just like the last time. The only uknown is how much damage they can do before they are wiped out.

Exactly this. This is the 3rd of 4th time in my life I've seen these "proud to be white" ***** come out of the woodwork. They were ***** then and they are ***** now. Nothing is changing, they are a tiny minority of knuckle dragging racists and before long they'll be crawling back under those rocks again.

Soldato
I don't think there are any white Nazis in this thread.

I meant that the very fact that we're discussing whether a hate slogan is ok or not, shows their resurgence. That being said, there are plenty of them here, they typically makeup 5-10% of the population and given the general political leaning of this forum, the percentage is probably even higher.

Associate
I meant that the very fact that we're discussing whether a hate slogan is ok or not, shows their resurgence. That being said, there are plenty of them here, they typically makeup 5-10% of the population and given the general political leaning of this forum, the percentage is probably even higher.
there probably wouldn't be a discussion if X pride wasn't broadly permitted/encouraged for any other purpose.

am not in favour of quarantining language by guilt of association tho, so maybe i'm wrong about that.

Caporegime
It depends on your definition of a nazi. An out and out nazi is a pretty abhorrent person. I don’t think any on here come close to the levels of hate towards other races that nazis typically exude.

Soldato
there probably wouldn't be a discussion if X pride wasn't broadly permitted/encouraged for any other purpose.

am not in favour of quarantining language by guilt of association tho, so maybe i'm wrong about that.

The difference is simple: unlike most other types of "X pride", White Pride is a hate symbol. So when you represent the symbol, you support the ideology connected to it, either voluntarily or involuntarily. The same thing happened to the Swastika, a benign symbol for hundreds of years until it was adopted by a hate organization and became something else entirely.

Associate
The difference is simple: unlike most other types of "X pride", White Pride is a hate symbol. So when you represent the symbol, you support the ideology connected to it, either voluntarily or involuntarily. The same thing happened to the Swastika, a benign symbol for hundreds of years until it was adopted by a hate organization and became something else entirely.
they can't take the combination of white and pride away from my vocabulary and nor can those offended by it.

the only thing that can is the foolishness of being proud of being white.

Caporegime
Black power = Good

White power = Bad

Soldato
they can't take the combination of white and pride away from my vocabulary and nor can those offended by it.

the only thing that can is the foolishness of being proud of being white.

They've already taken it from your vocabulary, you're in denial. Go ahead and start bringing up White Pride in your social circles or at work, see what happens. Or better yet, post "White Pride" on your Facebook wall and enjoy getting blocked by half your list, cursed at by the other half and, soon after, banned for 30 days from the network. Whether you like it or not, accept it or not, the nazis own the term now and anonymity is the only reason why some of the posters here defend it.

Black power = Good

White power = Bad

Close but not quite there!

White power = Bad as it's a nazi/terrorist slogan
Black power = Irrelevant as it has no real impact or prominence and no connection to active hateful ideologies

Caporegime
They've already taken it from your vocabulary, you're in denial. Go ahead and start bringing up White Pride in your social circles or at work, see what happens. Or better yet, post "White Pride" on your Facebook wall and enjoy getting blocked by half your list, cursed at by the other half and, soon after, banned for 30 days from the network.

Spot on.

Caporegime
They've already taken it from your vocabulary, you're in denial. Go ahead and start bringing up White Pride in your social circles or at work, see what happens. Or better yet, post "White Pride" on your Facebook wall and enjoy getting blocked by half your list, cursed at by the other half and, soon after, banned for 30 days from the network. Whether you like it or not, accept it or not, the nazis own the term now and anonymity is the only reason why some of the posters here defend it.

Close but not quite there!

White power = Bad as it's a nazi/terrorist slogan
Black power = Irrelevant as it has no real impact or prominence and no connection to active hateful ideologies
I don’t know, the black panthers started to get pretty hateful.

The New Black Panther Party are out and out xenophobic racists.

Soldato
Black power = Good

White power = Bad

That is, excuse my language but bullpoop. Obviously in the US "black power" has very recent memory given that civil rights didn't appear until the 60s and racism is still a HUGE problem there. We fortunately don't have anywhere near the same problem in the UK but we are kidding ourselves if it doesn't exist. I've witnessed black friends experience racism, I've witnessed Indian friends get racially abused or heard comments said on the sly and it makes me sick. White people in the country haven't got a ******* clue what it is like to be experience racism.

Soldato
This has always been a predominantly white British nation and should remain so
Why?

when a group becomes a minority, discrimination against them begins to occur more regularly and eventually, become commonplace.
Do you accept, then, that our minorities are discriminated against?

It would be a travesty for that to happen in the UK.
Is it only a travesty when it's white people who are the minorities getting discriminated against, then?
Or is the UK already a travesty, due to the treatment of our minorities?

Associate
0/2

edit: dunce

Caporegime
Why?

Do you accept, then, that our minorities are discriminated against?

Is it only a travesty when it's white people who are the minorities getting discriminated against, then?
Or is the UK already a travesty, due to the treatment of our minorities?
Discrimination does happen, I don’t deny that. But I do feel that it’s blown out of proportion a lot and not as bad as many will have you believe.

Soldato
what is it about melanin in politics and culture that leads you to believe it would affect or concern anyone?
I said culture and politics was dominated by whiteness, in response to you asking what white dominance was. And I mentioned white dominance because it can surely only be what is on the mind of someone worried about white birth rates, since Caucasians remain a very sizeable population in no danger of extinction: what else could they be concerned about?

Back
Top Bottom