Is it still cheaper to fuel up in Europe???

Soldato
Hi guys, after a frequent europe driver ideally as all the price sites are "*correct at May 2009" and alots changed since then.

Now. Currently in the uk we are at what, approx 103p/l for regular unleaded. What is the cost per litre in europe in euro's? My reason for wanting to know how it compares is at the moment the exchage rate on euros is really poor, I got 1.06 euro's for every pound.

So, if someone could let me know the current average cost for regular unleaded in europe id appreciate it :)

Really helps me budget better for the trip too!

Soldato
I'd guess the cost to drive over to Europe and back again to fill up would outweigh any potential savings ;)

Otherwise known as no idea.

Soldato
OP
Also, I read Cologne is a city with "low emission zones"

As far as I gather I have to get the car to a garage to get an emmisions rating sticker from them, this must be displayed at all times or get a fine?

Can anyone clarify the rules on this one too?

Associate
well i was in europe in august and it was back to the norm of 1.40 euro a litre so cheap here bye a bit.
France, Italy and germany about the same, netherlands a bit more.

thats for western europe its a lot cheaper in poland, Cz, H, Cr, S about 80 maybe a bit less (pence per litre).

Soldato
The exchange rate and continued devaluation of sterling has removed pretty much all benefits of filling up abroad. You'd need a truck sized fuel tank to make it work, after the costs of getting to the continent.

Associate
I went over there beginning of the month cost was 1.38 everywhere i went i went to brussel,germany and holland. I got the exchange rate at 1.10 to a pound.

Soldato
Last 2 times I went to Europe it was much more expensive.

Went to isle of man last week, it was 115p there.

By Europe, I don't think we are talking about the Isle of Man.

France is still cheaper but its marginal, as in, 1 or 2p a litre cheaper. Slovakia is still around 0.90p a litre for petrol and 0.88p for diesel.

Soldato
they dont use only RON they use MON as well so its not quite the same, but even the standard low octane petrol has no running issues and the high rated stuff is still a million times cheaper than over here :(

Back
Top Bottom