Is it too late in the year to mow the lawn?

Soldato
Got a second viewing on my property tomorrow, which is slightly weird anyway as they have already made an offer (at asking price :D), but having already had a buyer pull out after 2 months after making an offer earlier this year, I am keen to make it as attractive as possible.

the inside is looking great, but the lawn is looking a bit poor outside and covered in leaves, so as I do not have a rake, I was thinking of just blitzing it with the mower and cutting / sucking it all up.

I have not heard a mower in months so am worried I may decimate the lawn.

What do you say?

If you have a mower with height adjustable blades then you may be OK if you give the grass plenty of length. Also be careful not to skid and cause brown patches (giggle).

The mowers we have are a poo modern one and a prehistoric petrol one that is good with a green body and red engine with spark plug poking out the top.

Soldato
My theory is....

Mowing the lawn in winter when its cold damp and wet is a bit like making love to a women......

I'm only kidding :p, for the family friendly forum

Mowing the lawn in winter when its cold damp and wet is a bit like having the clippers shave your wet head if you have ever tried this, it just will not cut properly until its all dry.

Soldato
OP
If you have a mower with height adjustable blades then you may be OK if you give the grass plenty of length.

This, I cannot do.

Mowing the lawn in winter when its cold damp and wet is a bit like having the clippers shave your wet head if you have ever tried this, it just will not cut properly until its all dry.

I'm not to worried about the cut, this is more for lazy man's leaf removal. :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It'll work, but you risk churning up the ground when cornering.

Soldato
I'm going to mow our lawn tomorrow. I let it get too long in the "summer" and was never dry enough - it's still not dry, but it's 8" long and covered in leaves.

I'll rake the leaves then use my push mower. Glorious.

mjd

mjd

Associate
We have a very long garden and during the summer its very easy for it to get out of control if you miss a week. I last mowed three weeks ago and it was a little on the long side. When this is the case I do it in two passes. Once without the collection box and then raise the height and go over it again to hoover it up. :) Not exactly cost effective or good to the planet, but it doesn't tend to clog before the collection box doing it this way.

Back
Top Bottom