Is it worth buying God of War?

Associate
I've watched two whole playthroughs of it and I enjoyed watching them. The style of fighting (which is most of the game) for me though is too much like hard work, and I wouldn't want to play it. But most people say it's great.

Associate
It’s a very good game. Though it was over rated imo. It’s an 8/10 for me. Story telling is top class but there are a few basic gameplay mechanics missing which feels a bit dated. I have no desire to replay it which is why it’s not a 10/10 like The Last Of is for example.

Soldato
Overrated IMO but still worth playing. I started enjoying and playing around with the combat later on so I started replaying the game on higher difficulty and actually enjoy it more this time round. Good lore and characters but quite a slog plot-wise and lacklustre boss fights. It's nothing like previous games, seems exactly like a prologue to something bigger, which it is.

NG+ is coming August 20th.

Associate
Yes, I've borrowed a PS4 from a friend and work and borrowed God Of War from another friend at work, currently really enjoying it.

It's convinced me on selling my xbox for a PS4 now. Better games, UI isn't as nice but is functional and overall system feels faster.

Soldato
Cheers! Added to the growing list of exclusives I'll be getting when my Pro arrives.
Not really a spoiler but he doesn't meet his wife in the previous game.

That had me wondering if I'd missed something for for a while when I fired the game up as I'd played all the other ones beforehand.

Soldato
Most overrated game for sometime.

Edit: Let me qualify my statement.

The combat is boring as hell, no where near as good as Darksouls for example.
The puzzles are no where near as good as Inside for example, which is a budget game.
It would be better with no rpg elements. Just seem an after thought.
The story is just boring.
The graphics are excellent.

Last edited:
Soldato
The game is a bit overrated, I agree, but the combat is good when you parry, combo and start chaining together different abilities and runic attacks, flows quite well.

As for the most overrated game for some time, yeah, that'd be Witcher 3 with this maybe being second:p

Back
Top Bottom