Is it worth selling my system?

Associate
Basically I am looking at getting a mac book air/pro for my study as having a desktop is starting to prove useless and the save money would help with the cost, also with my increased duration being spent in learning resource centres rather than at home to work. But is it even worth trying to sell a system now or is it better off to just keep it? the build is in my sig so any advice would be great!

Soldato
Why not get a proper laptop rather than wasting so much money on something fashionable?

You certainly could sell it, however people typically have to split down a system to components in order to sell it on these forums, I don't think you have access to the for sale area... however certainly all of the parts you have could be sold easily enough.

Associate
I struggle to find a laptop that has a battery life that stands close to a mac books when it has similar hardware, Otherwise I would love to go for a cheaper option! Heavily put off dell after having an xps 15" that only offered 1-2 hours of life!

Soldato
If you're not going to use it, then yes you've got some good components there which will sell. Can't say how much for here, but certainly worth it.

Associate
I was facing this conundrum a while ago, I went ahead and got a Mac but then I had to get rid of it :(.

Damn university fee's! they are amazing though. The problem you face here though, are you hoping to sell those parts in an effort to afford your Mac? or do you have enough money right now? if so, buy it now, sell the parts after and then job is a good'n!

Associate
I have the money to do it now, but yeah basically I just want to sell up to try and make some of the money back on something that otherwise wont be used!

Associate
If you're not there to use it, sell it whilst the parts are still worth something. You'll find better uses for that cash as a student. Things like food, rent and beer.

Soldato
Wont go far wrong with a an Air or Pro. Battery life on the Air is very good and the build quality is second to none.

If you don't have your heart set on Apple. Ultrabooks are available right now and they're similar in design with excellent battery life. Should take off when Ivy is released and might be worth waiting on.