Is lots of tea bad?

Man of Honour
Dutch Guy said:
Hmmm, looks like I need to drink some more water.

Could 12 cups of tea cause headaches?
12 cups worth of ceffeine could. ;)

Be prepared for en even bigger headache when you cut down on caffeine, when I gave it up I felt like crap for about four days.

Permabanned
brocksta said:
Although it sounds silly, isnt a lot of tea meant to be very dehyrdrating too?

I don't think so.

Caffeine is a mild diuretic, but there's more net water entering your body per cup. I believe next to water, tea is the next most hydrating drink.

Soldato
I was a heavy coffee drinker for years from my teen and then, some years ago, I switched to tea.

After that, I used to drink 3 tea a day but gave it up to the advice from food sensitivity clinic a couple of years ago. The difference is unbelievable in only few days after giving up the tea! The effects were heart skipping, very tired, headaches lasted a day or two and the time ticked very slowly thus making a day feels like 1 and half day! Also slept like a log at nights and hard to get out of bed in the mornings!

Glad to say that the effects didn't last long but needless to say, I gave up tea...only drink a couple of coffee on weekends and also accept tea when visiting friends etc.

I now drink barley regularly, I got it from the health shop. :)

From the experience, I believe that both tea and coffee have the same amount of caffeine but why drink tea when you have a nicer coffee? ;)

Associate
I dont think I actually COULD give up tea. When well prepared, its so nice! I cant even begin work without a cup of tea next to me. If I've had a stressful day, I actually physically crave the tea and a sit down as I drive home. Am I weird?

Capodecina
Permabanned
hungryhungry123 said:
I dont think I actually COULD give up tea. When well prepared, its so nice! I cant even begin work without a cup of tea next to me. If I've had a stressful day, I actually physically crave the tea and a sit down as I drive home. Am I weird?

Not in the slightest, a lot of people find a nice cup of tea relaxing.

Soldato
OP
barnettgs said:
IThe difference is unbelievable in only few days after giving up the tea! The effects were heart skipping, very tired, headaches lasted a day or two and the time ticked very slowly thus making a day feels like 1 and half day! Also slept like a log at nights and hard to get out of bed in the mornings!
OMG, I have all those things lately :(

Back
Top Bottom