• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

IS my 1075T Bottlenecking my gpu's

Soldato
I haven't really noticed but will my AMD 1075t X6 @ stock be causing a bottleneck on my SLI'd GTX 570's SC?

If so will an overclock help this or is it a new cpu needed?

Associate
Yes. A 1075T at stock will bottleneck 570 sli, overclocking your CPU would help, but the 1075T has a locked multiplier making it harder. A 4GHZ overclock should be helpful but you will still see a bottleneck, a new CPU is needed if you want to get the most out of your cards, along with Ivy Bridge this month you have plenty of choice.

Soldato
OP
need to stay with amd only just got the board.

Im debating if i should stick it out till piledriver as bulldozer probably wont make a difference i don't think

Soldato
As above, overclocking as far as you can will reduce most of the bottleneck. Yes you'll get more out of them by getting an Ivy Bridge i5/i7 processor but the gains will be fairly minimal (for a fairy large outlay) compared to an overclocked Phenom II X6.

Soldato
OP
ok will try a bit of an overclock later. i know it could get 3.5ghz on my old mobo so shud get a lot more now ive got a new mobo and antec H2O Cooler

Soldato
I have read elsewhere that the more cores/threads the better with BF3 which is why the 2600k eats the 2500k and the bulldozer 6 or 8 cores perform just as well. BF3 supports up to 12 cores.

So I would not worry overmuch unless you get a 680 but the 570 SLI should be nearly as good.

Back
Top Bottom