Is my Asus A8N-SLi goosed? black screen,no post

Associate
Got it on b grade few days ago to save money after buying all new kit(i know but i wanted up and running after buying parts over the space of a month).
The system build seemed to go well,installed xp etc.Then booted up later and found my 8 month old 250 gig samsung hard drive had died(tried in another pc etc).
So made a partition on another drive and installed windows.Just after installing and getting to boot up screen it just went blank.On shutdown,plug out and restart same thing.I`ve tried resetting cmos,removed battery,mobo doesnt even beep anymore although all fans are spinning etc.I don`t have a spare pci card to try other vga tho.
My other gear is a64 3700 san diego,hiper type r 580w,radeon 1800xt,2x ide hard drives and some spare samsung ddr333 from old machine till i can afford some gskill.
Looks like its goosed then,but not sure whether to go for a brand new one or another brand,wouldn`t mind a go at a bit of overclocking for san diego and memory.
Any suggestions? cheers

Associate
OP
Installed new a8ne sli se mobo and everythings fine.
Was in local shop and bloke is going to try a new processor on the old one, and if it works,flash the bios with the latest one.After a scout on net this seems to have worked for some people,worth a go i reckon the premium looks a nice board

Back
Top Bottom