1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Is my i3 3220 holding my 7850 2GB back?

Discussion in 'CPUs' started by Drake5, 18 Mar 2013.

1. Martini1991

Caporegime

Depends on your budget and requirements really.
    But I'd still wait for Haswell, even if it's just for a few percent gain, it's still performance.

2. Drake5

Suspended

How long till Haswell though?

3. Yamahahahahaha

Mobster

4. THFC

Gangster

If you feel like your wasting your money - Keep an eye out on the members market for the cpu and mobo, they appear quite often

I may be interested in the i3 if you sell up

5. BAMBI

Hitman

If the only game you want to play is sleeping dogs then Andantech would say you are wasting your money: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6934/choosing-a-gaming-cpu-single-multigpu-at-1440p/8

SD appears to be very GPU intensive.

Skyrim seems more CPU insensitive but Tom suggests you shouldn't be struggling with you I3 http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/skyrim-performance-benchmark,3074-9.html

Were you struggling with FPS in Skyrim? Or was it just the GPU usage you are worried about?

6. wazza300

Caporegime

a z68/2600k/2700k is a good cheaper alternative,no difference in gaming from ivybridge