Is my NVME drive dying?

Soldato
I have a Corsair Force MP510 NVME drive that I bought about 2 years ago that seems to now be intermittently faulty. The majority of the time the drive shows up in windows explorer and works perfectly well but it then frequently refuses to let me read from or write to it and occasionally it does not even show up in windows explorer at all. Generally, a simple reboot of my PC will return things to normal. I've tried using the Corsair SSD Toolbox software to do a secure wipe of the drive as well removing and then re-adding the drive in Disk Management and the firmware is up to date but the problems still exist.

I've never experienced a drive failure before so I dont know if this behaviour is indicative of a drive gone bad or if it could be a problem with Windows (although my other Samsung NVME in the same system is still running just fine) or something else.

Any help be appreciated.

Soldato
Could be also motherboard doing that with slot having some issue.

One thing to try for no cost would be making sure there's no loosened over time contact problem by simply removing drive and then putting it back in.

Back
Top Bottom