1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is 'Social Justice' a Cultural Revolution Reboot?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Herojuana, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Herojuana

Wise Guy

Is Social Justice a Cultural Revolution Reboot?

Simon Chen is a medical pathologist whose family immigrated to Canada after witnessing the Tiananmen Square Massacre.

Recently, he read an article in the New England Journal of Medicine by a white woman confessing her privilege and subtle acts of racism, and it eerily reminded him of the confession his grandfather wrote before being executed during China’s Cultural Revolution.

We talk about the similarities between Mao’s movement and the radical strains of current progressivism, and speak about how to avoid repeating the worst parts of history.

Evergreen College, A case study
    Part one of a three-part series of short films about Bret Weinstein & Heather Heying's harrowing experience at Evergreen State College.

The Rise of VICTIMHOOD Culture on Campus - Seeing People as GOOD or EVIL
    Jonthan Haidt discusses modern society's transition from an honor culture to a dignity culture, and now to a new victimhood culture, and its profound impact on people raised in such an environment.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  2. Panos

Capodecina

"Social Justice" is the "pitchforks" against the witches of the middle ages.
    Is the rule of the mob and those in power wanting to re-direct the populace grievances with them against the each other. While at the same time are up for a bigger power grab of peoples freedoms.

And you do not have to go far to see how those in power take out our freedoms one by one, in addition to setting you all in a mindset to not believe at anything until it is coming from "Them".

History repeats itself, yet there is complete ignorance from the significant majority

3. Rroff

Man of Honour

Sadly very very true.

4. robgmun

Suspended

No, "Social Justice" is a cancer that needs to be stamped out, absolutely everyone on both sides are hateful, angry, bitter and miserable because of it. It's time for a counter-revolution and i have a growing feeling there's a huge backlash coming in a year or two

5. jsmoke

Sgarrista

Similar to baying mobs in this country like in the James Bulgar case is it not. I know it's a highly sensitive case but it's true many wanted eye for an eye. They wanted murder. It's the same thing here really. It's just that in places like the States it's so complex, diverse and spread out and also very much a two party system that politicians are able to tap into this energy and conduct large parts of disgruntled or searching-for-something people to follow them. Then they can nurture the hate and delusion to heightened levels till it reaches hysteria such as in the Chicago riots, the Las Vegas shooting and plenty of other things. Well that's one way of looking at it briefly.

Put in simpler terms, when people are wrong done by there's potential for revenge, justice and hate all mixed into one bag. As I said leaders can focus that energy. There's no doubt for example that progressives play the race card not because they care about people in minority races but because it's used as a tool to give people a cause to unify behind. The ultimate goal in that system is to get rid of religion, god, the bible authority.

I can't see any clearer explanation this this, https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-rebellion.html ,not in philosophy, psychology and any other thinking.

Read it and weep.

6. Nasher

Capodecina

Social justice warriors are basically all the nutters we never used to give a platform to. But now for some reason we do.

In the past they would stand in the street shouting nonsense and most people walking by would ignore them, but now they have the internet.

7. StriderX

Capodecina

What?

Did you just make that **** up? Again not citing and ******** out an anecdote.

Since that’s the high bar set, my experience over many years recently has been one filled with bible folk, end times folk (bible folk with more stupid), a Chinese forced organ donation thing (actual social justice), rarely a Salvation Army stand, homeless food/help handouts more recently, loads of ****** buskers, thieving Roma, aggressive beggars, homeless people.

Anything else has been one off political events that don’t happen often, so won’t bother trying to remember things I really don’t care for.

There was one vegan thing, but it was one time in several years as far as I’m aware, couldn’t give a ****.

It’s no surprise this thread starts with a ****** YouTube video.

8. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Sgarrista

Fixed that for you

9. cheesyboy

Capodecina

More like the witches picking up the pitchforks, really.

10. JeditOjanen

Mobster

Should we be surprised that it is the True Christian Knights of Brexit that have leapt up to defend us against the SJWs?

11. Herojuana

Wise Guy

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  12. StriderX

Capodecina

Posting a picture isn’t discussion. Nor is it even a valid picture.

13. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Sgarrista

The problem is they just don't understand that everyone who disagrees with their views isn't a leftie
    I have never in my life been described as a lefty, yet because I am a just right of centrist on here I am seen as a raging lefty by some.

14. cheesyboy

Capodecina

Funny thing is, all the raging lefties on here, myself included, are in bottom left corner whenever one of those political compass threads gets going.

15. Nasher

Capodecina

Pretty accurate.

16. efish

Wise Guy

I rather like the first amendment of the united states.

I like liberty and the idea that the state has no authority in regard to individual liberty.

Or as Jefferson put it in reference to the first amendment of the United States Constitution.

When I read things like "What the Bible says about out illegal immigration problem" or other similar copy and past online cite mining it makes me want to weep.

Reason why arguments like "what the bible has to say about slavery" were rejected in the late 17th century. Right to protection from tyranny of zealots dressing up their political convictions as an act of faith.

Its a wall the U.S can take some pride in.

Freedom from tyranny, tolerance, liberty.

17. Herojuana

Wise Guy

A case study from Evergreen College, Washington

Whether or not you believe in the goals of Social Justice and Equity, Evergreen College has become a case study in cult-like groupthink.

"I grew up in the communist China during the cultural revolution. This triggers a flood of surreal memories.
    All you have to do is substitute “racism” with “anti communism” and the rest are pretty much eerily and sadly similar."

18. Herojuana

Wise Guy

The Rise of VICTIMHOOD Culture on Campus - Seeing People as GOOD or EVIL - Jonathan Haidt

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  19. Tony Edwards

Mobster

Isnt there already a youtube thread?

20. V F

Capodecina

Speaker's Corner stopped being Speaker's Corner a long time ago. Sure there are a lot of discussions but you just need to trail through the Brexit thread for days to see the pictures and video memes as well as the endless newspaper rags that you'd swear were journalists on here.