• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is the 1060m better than rx 570 desktop?

Soldato
i know laptop graphics are generally weaker than desktop counterparts due to design etc, but just for curiosity, is the mobile 1060 still better than the rx 570 just like the desktop version is? Either 1060 version that is.

Soldato
i know laptop graphics are generally weaker than desktop counterparts due to design etc, but just for curiosity, is the mobile 1060 still better than the rx 570 just like the desktop version is? Either 1060 version that is.

Depends full spec. The 3GB it will be slower. If you tell us the laptops you have in mind we can help.
Bear in mind that the GTX1060s as the RX570s are full chips not "mobile" in laptops. And from my experience with the GTX1060 in my laptop, I say get AMD.
Far superior drivers which have more tools like capping FPS, and not being forced to run vsync to have adaptive sync to work and not looking a mess.

Soldato
OP
Depends full spec. The 3GB it will be slower. If you tell us the laptops you have in mind we can help.
Bear in mind that the GTX1060s as the RX570s are full chips not "mobile" in laptops. And from my experience with the GTX1060 in my laptop, I say get AMD.
Far superior drivers which have more tools like capping FPS, and not being forced to run vsync to have adaptive sync to work and not looking a mess.

thanks for reply.

well i havent exactly been looking at any but the i5 8th gens with 2 or 4gb 1050, so like the nitro mostly due to them being £700, i dont feel a dell or hp to be gaming laptops, so i am only looking at acer/msi/rog etc, but id imagine an i5 still with a 1060.

basically im selling my desktop, but retaining my rx 570, power supply and ssd's and im in 2 minds about getting a basic laptop plus build a better desktop just for gaming/video editing(light editing) or replace the whole thing with a gaming laptop and get a basic pc, so for me to do the latter i would need something thats better than my system or what my system could be if i had a 1400/1600 instead.. not saying i could sell my computer to pay for a 1060 laptop in one go, just rather not waste money on anything below a 1050 even used.

Back
Top Bottom