Is the Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AX available in the UK?

Associate
I've seen some V2 Elite boards for sale, but at ridiculous pricing. I suspect retailers will be reluctant to stock them until they have cleared their existing stocks of V1 boards.
Shame as the Pro V2 looked extremely promising and I was tempted to go with this instead of the Tomahawk as the Pro has a more sensible PCIE lane implementation, more USB and better audio.

Sadly, with motherboards Gigabyte seem to have this knack of combining all the features you actually want into a reasonable product stack, but then ballsing up something fundamentally basic. So the USB issue sounds about right to me.
It’s almost as if they want you to know they could dominate the market with a superior offering whenever they feel like it, but prefer just trolling for the lulz. :p

Associate
OP
I've seen some V2 Elite boards for sale, but at ridiculous pricing. I suspect retailers will be reluctant to stock them until they have cleared their existing stocks of V1 boards.
Shame as the Pro V2 looked extremely promising and I was tempted to go with this instead of the Tomahawk as the Pro has a more sensible PCIE lane implementation, more USB and better audio.

Completely agree with you. I've been hanging on for a few months now but I think I might have to go with another brand if they can't get them into shops within a week or two. Can't hang on forever :)

Associate
I've been looking for the B550 AORUS PRO AX and there seems to be one Czech based stockist in the whole of Europe who are selling these boards. Is there such a huge backlog of the AC boards that no one is willing to sell these new boards @GIGA-Man what's going on?

Associate
OP
GIGA-Man hasn't been around these parts for over two months as of this post. Hopefully all is OK with him, nothing serious has happened and he'll make a return soon.

Associate
I ordered a B550 Pro Ac 2 weeks ago, still nothing. I was notified that they will be restocking tomorrow by both a retailer and gigabyte. Hopefully it is true cuz I've been waiting since December

Associate
I ordered a B550 Pro Ac 2 weeks ago, still nothing. I was notified that they will be restocking tomorrow by both a retailer and gigabyte. Hopefully it is true cuz I've been waiting since December

So did you order the B550 AORUS PRO V2 (rev. 1.0) / B550 AORUS PRO AX (rev. 1.0) / B550 AORUS PRO AC (rev. 1.x) As I don't think there is a "B550 Pro Ac 2"?

Associate
elite and pro v2 pretty much the same board with change of VRM cooling and lack of DP for the elite

And four vs six sata ports, 1200 vs 1220 audio chip, and an extra M2 heatsink on the pro, different number of USB ports, different number of fan headers... so not really the same board at all :p

Pro was always the better board, the elite was the budget option, about all they have done on the V2 boards is added the internal type C header and tweaked the VRM.

Soldato
And four vs six sata ports, 1200 vs 1220 audio chip, and an extra M2 heatsink on the pro, different number of USB ports, different number of fan headers... so not really the same board at all :p

Pro was always the better board, the elite was the budget option, about all they have done on the V2 boards is added the internal type C header and tweaked the VRM.

both V2's have dual heatsink for V2. sata ports 4 or 6.. most people i know now use M.2 , unless its career based, not seen many here cap out 4 Sata ports.
Pros advantage USB wise is c port- but dont think it can be used at same time if internal c port is used.
Audio chip is slightly better but DAC would make more of a difference

still awaiting Master b550 v2 :(

Associate
both V2's have dual heatsink for V2.

Elite and Elite V2 have only one M.2 heatsink, Pro and Pro V2 have two.

sata ports 4 or 6.. most people i know now use M.2 , unless its career based, not seen many here cap out 4 Sata ports.

I guess down to personal preference really, but 4 is the minimum I would consider for a board, I have four SATA devices plugged in at the moment and I don't think that's excessive.
But it is worth noting it is a difference between these boards that might be important for somebody considering them.

Pros advantage USB wise is c port- but dont think it can be used at same time if internal c port is used.

I didn't even notice that the elite V1 didn't come with USB C on the rear IO! That's pretty shocking!
The elite V2 does have an internal header though.

It would be disappointing if the internal type C header on the Pro V2 locks out the Rear IO type C.

Both V2 boards drop a USB 3.2 port compared to their V1 counterparts.
The elite (V1 and V2) have two less USB 2.0 ports than the Pro.

Audio chip is slightly better but DAC would make more of a difference

Honestly the 1200 and 1220 are so good now that, depending on how well they have been implemented, an external interface seems almost pointless unless you have a specific use case or going to drop some really serious coin.
The 1220 is a step up from the 1200 and also has the advantage of supporting higher impedance headphones.

Unfortunately my board only has the AC1200, but even so I don't bother using my Presonus audio interface any more, on board is just as good IMO.

still awaiting Master b550 v2 :(

They may not release one at all - as I understand the main reason for the V2 boards was difficulties sourcing the doublers for the VRM, which necessitated a minor redesign.
Master has a different design of VRM so this may not be an issue that requires a V2.

Soldato
V2 was Internal C header firstly . Then doublers issues happened :( was planned after its release due to rivals

Damn, was only the AX that had dual m.2. bit odd non WiFi version doesn't

Back
Top Bottom