• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is the KFA RTX 3080 TI HOF a good graphics card?

Associate
Thinking of getting this as fed up of waiting for prices to come down. Is this a good card? I have no idea. I see it only has 2 year warranty instead of others that have 5 years.

Also will this be silent at idle with 3 monitors plugged in?

Thanks

Soldato
Yeah, it's just about the best 3080 Ti that money can buy. The Hall of Fame cards are insanely overbuilt. It'll be completely silent at idle as it stops the fans when you're not gaming, like most modern cards.

Associate
It's a very good card but a 5 year warranty is defo worth having (I've had two Nvidia FE 1080TI's fail on me just within the 3 year warranty. I'd have lost my money twice over on a two year warranty but thankfully they were replaced) and imho far more important than being able to overclock 50Mhz more on the core or memory. Zotac with 5 year warranty all the way for me in future.

Associate
Nice looking card, good performance but mine has massive coil whine, like really bad. So it's getting sent back for refund.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks all, last question. The 2x8Pin PCI-E connectors - can I use the splitter at the end of the power cable for both connectors or do I need 2 separate cables?

I have a corsair 850W, but 2 power cables will look messy so I will need to get myself some braided cables.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks all, last question. The 2x8Pin PCI-E connectors - can I use the splitter at the end of the power cable for both connectors or do I need 2 separate cables?

I have a corsair 850W, but 2 power cables will look messy so I will need to get myself some braided cables.
You can do that, but it's not recommended, especially for higher end cards that draw a lot of power. It can cause issues, from instability to burnt components in extreme cases. I'd deal with the ugliness and play it safe.

Soldato
Thinking of getting this as fed up of waiting for prices to come down. Is this a good card? I have no idea. I see it only has 2 year warranty instead of others that have 5 years.

Also will this be silent at idle with 3 monitors plugged in?

Thanks

The Asus TUF all-in is actually the best card of that type.

Associate

I'm going to be taking another chance on this HOF card as the Gigabyte Eagle I got today has a faulty PCIE port and I cant fit my psu 8 pin cable into it. So this is going back as faulty.

Hopefully when I get another HOF it won't have severe coil whine... just a note, the HOF needs 3x 8 pin pcie, not 2. But the HOF comes with 3 extension cables that look pretty nice. It also a big card, only just fits in my Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic, and I have to use the supplied extension cables to get it to fit, otherwise using standard psu cables I couldn't get the glass panel back on.

Associate
Friend of mine has just fitted his 3080ti HOF and is getting worse performance when compared to his 2080ti...
CPU bottleneck?
I though on some of the Nvidia driver CPU overhead threads there was mention that keeping Ampere feed requires more CPU grunt due to the way Nvidia's drivers use the CPU for their software scheduling.

Soldato
Just built a system for a friend with the KFA2 3080ti HOF and it’s an absolute monster card, comes with a support bracket to stop it sagging!
Totally silent at idle the fan doesn’t run and quick game test before handing it over I didn’t detect any coil wine.
Went with a Corsair HX 850 Platinum PSU on single rail mode.

r6dxLcV.jpg

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Friend of mine has just fitted his 3080ti HOF and is getting worse performance when compared to his 2080ti...

3080Ti is vastly quicker than a 2080Ti, your friend needs to install it properly and probably first needs to look at ensuring he has got the old drivers out and new ones in, otherwise he has a funky hardware issue going down as even the slowest most basic 3080Ti will crush even a flagship 2080Ti.

Associate
3080Ti is vastly quicker than a 2080Ti, your friend needs to install it properly and probably first needs to look at ensuring he has got the old drivers out and new ones in, otherwise he has a funky hardware issue going down as even the slowest most basic 3080Ti will crush even a flagship 2080Ti.
IYO is the HOF OCUK is selling a good card? From what I can see it should be an exceptional overclocker; people seem to be achieving > 2.05 GHz with them, but reviews are rare.

OcUK Staff
IYO is the HOF OCUK is selling a good card? From what I can see it should be an exceptional overclocker; people seem to be achieving > 2.05 GHz with them, but reviews are rare.

HOF cards are one of the best, very high-end VRM, powerful cooler so they do tend to overclock well but of course the silicon lottery is the biggest determining factor in overclock.

Back
Top Bottom