• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is the KFA RTX 3080 TI HOF a good graphics card?

Associate
No I haven't yet as I'm still waiting for the refund from the Gigabyte. This doesnt sound very promising though... I was hoping mine was a one off, unlucky card. However customer support from overclockers has been good. I'm hoping the next card will be problem free.

Well I'd watch yourself. Looks like I'll be returning mine on my own dime as they're not willing to accept this as a faulty return due to the whine at ANY audible range...

Soldato
3080Ti is vastly quicker than a 2080Ti, your friend needs to install it properly and probably first needs to look at ensuring he has got the old drivers out and new ones in, otherwise he has a funky hardware issue going down as even the slowest most basic 3080Ti will crush even a flagship 2080Ti.

Never got the bottom of it so he bought a 5900x and now gets 200+ fps

Associate
Thank for the replies,

DDU and reinstall - still max

tried s and p positions on the switch, but still max fans starting from post and never slow down

Associate
EDIT: SOLVED

There is a physical, silver, pyramid shaped 'button', next to the monitor ports on the exterior backplate of the actual card, that overrides all 3rd party software fan controls, and sets the fan speed to 100%!!!!

Many Thanks to MankyFinger and Gibso for the save.

I was close to the edge on that one.

Caporegime
thats rays on as wel

image.png

Back
Top Bottom