Is there a doctor who thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just watched the New Year’s Day special.

I find it extremely disappointing. Had to watch it in 2 sittings as I just couldn’t do it in one sitting.

just curious as to what others view the doctor who episode and the last 2 seasons story line so far.

The whole story is just complete utter nonsense to me. Lacked any sort of build up and climax. And way too many story line issues that cannot be generally explained by who universe science.

Caporegime
Hasn't it always been nonsense? I'm tempted to say "garbage" but I think that would be unkind as it's a kid's show.

But it's always been complete nonsense.

IIRC there were 13 regenerations of the Doctor. I will confess I haven't watched it for the last few years. What did the BBC do to twist the story so that the Doctor got given more than 13 regenerations? I hear from fellow DW fans that the series has pandered somewhat to the PC brigade.

Edit: Carnival of Monsters = def my favourite DW story!

Soldato
Never understood its popularity, always felt liek a CBBC show to me. Seems massively popular though.

It's a hell of a task i'm sure, they're trying to balance between making a show that's suitable for children to watch, but also entertaining to adults. Needless to say they're probably more scared of the "think of the children" daily mail headline than the "yeah it was kinda boring" one.

Ends up being very reliant on quality writing, which evidently hasnt been what they're getting recently.

Havent followed since capaldi left, and kinda missed half of his and matt smiths run mostly through apathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom