Is there a gaming monitor that has....

Associate
“Smart” features that you get on a smart tv?

the bedroom tv has just gone on me and im thinking that this is my chance to get a new gaming monitor that can be used as smart tv for when im at work and the wife wants to use Netflix .

Does any such monitor exist? Preferably a monitor with an ethernet port if its at all possible

thanks

Associate
OP
what res native res do you need?

My tv was 1080p but i do game at 1440p . My current monitor is the asus swift pg27qq. Only paid £150 for that monitor so would be happy to sell it and put the cash towards at decent monitor.

just need it to play netflix really.

i do have a fire stick....would that work in a monitor?

my current monitor only had display port and 0 hdmi ports.

Soldato
Without HDMI input you won't be plugging in a set top box.

What you describe is really a TV not a monitor - as such the only TVs I know with interesting features for gaming are the LG OLEDs which don't come in small sizes or low cost.

Can't you just use Netflix on your PC?

Associate
lg and Samsung do smart tv with ethernet and wifi with a decent lcd for gaming. however the Samsung while cheaper may not be able to do 60hz at 1440p depending on the price you are willing to spend. lg oled tv are the best for your choice but as lucky has said they don't come in small sizes or low cost.

Associate
OP
Without HDMI input you won't be plugging in a set top box.

What you describe is really a TV not a monitor - as such the only TVs I know with interesting features for gaming are the LG OLEDs which don't come in small sizes or low cost.

Can't you just use Netflix on your PC?

my missus owns the bedroom and says the 27 asus swift isnt big enough

Soldato
my missus owns the bedroom and says the 27 asus swift isnt big enough
LG are releasing a 48" OLED this year - the smallest they've ever done. So if that suits, go for it. They have fast CPUs, lots of apps, and should handle VRR and 4k120. If your graphics card has the right connectivity.

Back
Top Bottom