Is there a performance difference between P5k & P5K Deluxe?

Associate
Hi folks,

Im thinking of getting an Asus P5K motherboard for a new build. I was wondering if I would notice a performance difference if I got a P5K Deluxe instead. I know the chipset is the same and that the amount slots & heatpipes are different, but would there be any performance increase?

Also the P5K-Deluxe has 2 PCI-E X16 slots, is it possible that this board could support SLI in the future if Intel/Nvidia start playing nice together in the future?

Soldato
I don't think you'll find any real world performance difference between the two boards. They *might* give a few marks difference in something like 3DM06, but it's not really something to concern yourself with.

As for SLi, well, I wouldn't buy this board if you're expecting SLi support in the future. It IS possible, however it may well not happen. If you're after SLi then i'd suggest any of the 680i or 650i boards.

Soldato
The deluxe version is suppsoed to be built of higher quality parts, but on the level we're on I doubt it's noticable, however the deluxe I recon would do better when manuallly volt modded for extreme overclocks ( due to high quality caps or whatever )...
Although unsure, I've had both deluxe boards from asus and standard boards ( just to name a few, p4c800, p4c800 deluxe, p5ld2, p5ld2 deluxe, p5n32 deluxe) and found the deluxe boards not better at all at my level of overclocks, I'm with a standard non deluxe p5ld2 now btw.

Soldato
Raelthorne said:
Also the P5K-Deluxe has 2 PCI-E X16 slots, is it possible that this board could support SLI in the future if Intel/Nvidia start playing nice together in the future?

Only one slot is x16, you will need to wait for the x38 for 2 No x16 slots.

Back
Top Bottom