Is there a Seagate representative on OcUK??

Soldato
Is there a Seagate Rep on this forum? Or can someone give me advice for this situation.

In October a computer in a very busy office had a hard drive failure and I bought a Seagate drive to replace it. The drive had a 24 month warranty. It arrived DOA so and I returned it.

I was left without a drive for the office PC, so I used a spare drive and used it to get the office back up and running.

3 weeks late the replacement drive arrived, but, because of one thing or another, I only got a chance to replace the drive in the office PC last week. When I went to swap the drives, I discovered that the replacement drive from Seagate was also faulty!!

I emailed Seagate support and they said that they can't replace the drive now because it's warranty expired on the 31st of January. Surely that's not right? Surely the warranty of the replacement drive should last as long as the warranty for the original drive?

Soldato
Normally with warranty it carries over from the previous drive.

so if you have a HDD for 3 years, it dies after 1 the remaining 2 years should be on the replacement HDD

Soldato
OP
Seagate have apologised for the mistake and have offered me a brand new drive as replacement. Not only newer but a larger and more expensive model in their lineup for my trouble.

Associate
Hi melmac,

glad to hear we could sort this out for you!
Sorry for the late response here - we are currently establishing and expanding the team to be closer to customers and deliver an even better customer experience in the future. Any future questions or issues, just let us know. Have fun with your new hard drive!

Back
Top Bottom