Is there a way to restore Windows 10 Tiles and Start Menu to default look?

Soldato
Hi all. Got a little weekend job as I'm not doing much and full of cold.

Is there a way to clean up Windows 10 Start Menu and Tiles so it goes back to the initial default look - without wiping the profile/Reinstalling windows etc? Everything is a right old mess on there.

I've had a look on google, a little info, it certainly looks possible, but a lot of them are talking about deleting things from the registry files which I don't tend to like doing unless I'm absolutely sure it's correct. Thought I'd ask my friends on here before doing anything that nukes the laptop from orbit.

Thanks

Soldato
Reset the start menu layout in Windows 10
Do the following to reset the layout of the start menu in Windows 10 so that the default layout is used.

1. Open an elevated command prompt as outlined above.
  2. Type cd /d %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\ and hit enter to switch to that directory.
  3. Exit Explorer. To do so hold down Shift and Ctrl, right-click on the Windows taskbar, and select the option from the context menu.
  4. Run the following two commands afterwards. If you want to be on the safe side of things, back them up first before you do that./li>
  5. del appsfolder.menu.itemdata-ms
  6. del appsfolder.menu.itemdata-ms.bak
  7. Restart the Explorer process as outlined above.
https://www.ghacks.net/2014/10/11/how-to-backup-or-reset-the-start-menu-in-windows-10/

Back
Top Bottom