Is there an app/software that will act as an umbrella (of sorts) for ALL my streaming services?

Soldato
I have:
  • Amazon Prime Video
  • Netflix
  • Disney Plus
  • BFI Streaming service
  • BBC iPlayer
  • 4OD
  • iTV player
Is there a software or app what will tell me what movies or series are available across all my streaming services?

E.g. If I search for "cold war spy thriller" is there something that says "You can watch Bridge of Spies on Amazon Prime"?

Soldato
The Just Watch app is pretty good for searching.

It also shows you what is new to each service each day so you can keep an eye out fir specifics.

Associate
Amazons firestick acts as a wrapper for loads of services, some more integrated than others. It gets linked to your prime acount when you set it up.
I got one at christmas and I have not watched any terrestrial TV since christmas eve.

There are multiple flavours of firestick based on your needs ( i use the cheapest one ).
The extra features in the more expensive models are stuff like 4K support, the ability to also work as a TV remote (for power on/off and volume)

If I press the button and "resume blah blah" it just starts playing on whatever service I was watching it on (again based on how integrated it is).
If I say "find scifi movies" it lists some results across all (the integrated) services.
When you find a "hit" you like there is a "ways to watch" button that lets you pick the service if there was more than one hit.
It does have a few down sides though.
There are still adverts on the home page.
I also cant work out how to customize it to remove stuff I dont want, like "apps/games" and "sport" sections.

Man of Honour
Doesn’t Apple TV do this? If we search for a Film, it’ll say whether it’s on one of our streaming services, I’m pretty sure. It at the very least shows what’s on Prime, from memory.

Soldato
Old thread bump. Seems like Letterboxd has taken off more recently but more around curated lists.

Question to Letterboxd users; do you still manage watchlists on individual services or do you solely put everything in your LB watchlist and go from there?

I’m finding it increasingly exhausting having to go through all my streaming platforms to decide what film to watch!

Soldato
The Just Watch app is pretty good for searching.

It also shows you what is new to each service each day so you can keep an eye out fir specifics.

Justwatch?
Yep, Just Watch. They have a website, they have an app. You can log in and tell it what services you have too I think, but tbh I just use it when there's a Film or TV Show I want to see, I whack it in the search box.

Associate
I know Plex can hook into some of them, but I've never bothered finding out how deep it goes, I usually just flip back to the firestick home page and the appropriate app directly.

Soldato
Sky Q? (runs)
When I first got SkyQ I was excited to use it for everything (all apps etc.) but after some discussion on here it seems performance is not great and perhaps you miss out on Atmos, or HDR, or something depending on what streamer app you're in (I can't remember details). Aware we're talking about lists rather than actual apps to use but that put me off using SkyQ as intended, and I just load up my AppleTV instead.

Soldato
My LG TV I think sort of does this. We ask it to find something and it will find it available on whichever of the platforms has it. But then sometimes it finds it on say Prime where it's a "pay to watch" option, so not really seamless.

Back
Top Bottom