Is there really that little choice in desk chairs?

Soldato
Do yourself a favour and find a used office furniture shop. Tons of them in London, you should be able to find something in Colchester. Sit on loads of them, tons of comfy ones out there. You'll find used bargains for pennies in the current climate too.

Seconded. Picked up several excellent chairs over the years from the used office place that used to be on the High Road in South Woodford.

Just make sure it all works as it should and get the Fabreeze ready.

Caporegime
Seconded. Picked up several excellent chairs over the years from the used office place that used to be on the High Road in South Woodford.

Just make sure it all works as it should and get the Fabreeze ready.

When I first moved to London, my first job was moving office furniture from offices that went bust or were upgrading or whatever, and I was constantly amazed at some of the stuff that people were chucking out. Obviously there were absolute truckloads of those crap wooden L shaped desks but amongst it all were some serious gems, we'd often put £1k+ chairs in absolute mint condition on the pavement with a £50 sticker on them.

Side note: What a business that was. These guys used to charge companies rather lumpy sums of money to clear out their offices, then put the furniture in their showrooms and sell it. What a fantastic business model. They also only paid us £50 a day and swerved their taxes rather efficiently so I suspect they all earned a decent living off their morally bankrupt business.

Soldato
OP
When I first moved to London, my first job was moving office furniture from offices that went bust or were upgrading or whatever, and I was constantly amazed at some of the stuff that people were chucking out. Obviously there were absolute truckloads of those crap wooden L shaped desks but amongst it all were some serious gems, we'd often put £1k+ chairs in absolute mint condition on the pavement with a £50 sticker on them.

Side note: What a business that was. These guys used to charge companies rather lumpy sums of money to clear out their offices, then put the furniture in their showrooms and sell it. What a fantastic business model. They also only paid us £50 a day and swerved their taxes rather efficiently so I suspect they all earned a decent living off their morally bankrupt business.

Bet there's some money in it right now or the near future, dread to think how many big companies are going to be getting rid of offices now that it's proven everyone can just work from home!

Soldato
Difficult to judge a chair without trying of course

I was given a steel series leap from an office clearout but found it terrible, one of the most uncomfortable chairs I've sat on for a day. Despite it having lots of adjustments etc that can be made

The key is to find a chair that matches the arc of your back so an adjustable lumbar should help

Associate
I built my kids a pc for xmas and got a desk but no chair yet, been looking around for something nice for them but god knows what to get.

Back
Top Bottom