Is there really that little choice in desk chairs?

Soldato
It seems you have three options when buying a desk/office chair:

1. Cheap chinese tat from Amazon/eBay
2. Super expensive ergonomic office chairs
3. IKEA Markus

My chair is on it's last legs, and with the IKEA Markus being sold out everywhere + pandemic, have been trying to find any alternatives but the above 3 look to be the only option?

I'd almost prefer a big comfy executive chair but the only ones I can find fall into category 1!

Help me OcUK, you're my only hope!

Caporegime
Do yourself a favour and find a used office furniture shop. Tons of them in London, you should be able to find something in Colchester. Sit on loads of them, tons of comfy ones out there. You'll find used bargains for pennies in the current climate too.

Soldato
£250?

Would rather avoid the gamer style chairs as feel they fall into the cheap Chinese tat category

I would disagree with this to some extent.

I used to have generic fabric chairs which lasted me ok, they weren't too bad but nothing special. At work I have 'ergo chairs' and apparently they are meant to give you better posture etc but they actually make me ache. A few months back I purchased a Nobel Chair Icon - and I love it. No back ache, comfortable (after about a month of 'bedding in') and probably one of the best chairs I have ever had.

You can obviously go out and get generic 'gamer chairs' but the reason I went for the Icon was because it does not look like gamer chair to me as like you it was not something I wanted. To be open and honest too I actually had a minor issue with my chair when I first got it and within a few days OcUK had sent me out replacement parts and it was perfect. No hassle at all.

Back
Top Bottom